eBay again you can't make it up you just cant

Don't know about that, I would say you have to list what is wrong, if not I could buy a phone for parts and spares wanting the screen to find it was smashed
Yeah but you would see a broken screen from the pictures and obviously you would maybe say that the screen is broke but to know every other fault on a phone you would have to be a mobile phone engineer or very skilled at determining every fault on a faulty phone imo.

I listed every fault and I thoroughly checked the 2 faults been charging and pc connection.

The SIM tray was fine and the screen worked fine.
If the SIM wasn't working (it had my SIM in it) I would have said.
They said "I wanted to use it and I could live without it connecting to my computer"
I replied to them saying,: "But what was you going to do with the charging issue and it suddenly stops charging again?"

All this was listed were it randomly stops charging. I got no reply they just kept going on about the SIM. I even said this phone will need to be professionally repaired before it can be used.

Look I know it's nothing it's just to highlight no matter what the buyer does whether they break it, lie lose it or whatever fast one they want to pull in eBays eyes the buyer will always be allowed to be refunded.

I listed every fault and I thoroughly checked the 2 faults been charging and pc connection.

The SIM tray was fine and the screen worked fine.
If the SIM wasn't working (it had my SIM in it) I would have said.
They said "I wanted to use it and I could live without it connecting to my computer"
I replied to them saying,: "But what was you going to do with the charging issue and it suddenly stops charging again?"

All this was listed were it randomly stops charging. I got no reply they just kept going on about the SIM. I even said this phone will need to be professionally repaired before it can be used.

Look I know it's nothing it's just to highlight no matter what the buyer does whether they break it, lie lose it or whatever fast one they want to pull in eBays eyes the buyer will always be allowed to be refunded.
So if you listed it for parts only with many faults some not known. Do you think the buyer could still return it, because that doesn’t make sense to me if they could.
Surely there must be something in eBay’s criteria for selling faulty goods for parts that covers sellers for this.
Maybe you have to stipulate that it’s for parts only and then it can’t be returned.
But like I say I’ve never sold anything that has had faults with it.

This is why I complained but it fell on deaf ears I just couldn't believe they would side with this numpty. It seems that all buyers are entitled to a return no matter eBay offer a full returns broke, not working, doesn't matter.

This is why I complained but it fell on deaf ears I just couldn't believe they would side with this numpty. It seems that all buyers are entitled to a return no matter eBay offer a full returns broke, not working, doesn't matter.
That's what I thought too till a few weeks ago. I sold a couple of ecu's for a mobility scooter, fully working.
Buyer of the 1st one wanted to return it saying it didn't fit.

eBay said it would be good business for me to allow the return but I didn't have to. I had listed the full model number a number of times in my ad and said that it was for a scooter with full lighting kit. I refused the return as he could easily have just used my ecu to test whether his own was indeed faulty, or he could simply have just transferred the innards.

I was surprised that eBay didn't side with the buyer. Even more surprised that the buyer never just lied and said it didn't work.

Yeah but you would see a broken screen from the pictures and obviously you would maybe say that the screen is broke but to know every other fault on a phone you would have to be a mobile phone engineer or very skilled at determining every fault on a faulty phone imo.
The screen is an example only, the rules are for everything, so if it was a desktop PC you could be buying it for the HDDs the power supply etc.

Just saying that its broke is not enough info.

I was in no way saying that Silverdale's ad was in anyway wrong or misleading, just that you have to list all the faults, as you dont know what people are buying it for

I was in no way saying that Silverdale's ad was in anyway wrong or misleading, just that you have to list all the faults, as you dont know what people are buying it for
But the problem was, the SIM worked fine when it left and when it was returned. They simply fabricated another fault so I couldn't list this make believe SIM fault because it doesn't have a SIM fault.

But the problem was, the SIM worked fine when it left and when it was returned. They simply fabricated another fault so I couldn't list this make believe SIM fault because it doesn't have a SIM fault.
I was not disagreeing with you, just Avid's post

Back