E1 tm fta cvs ?

the files i compressed and uploaded is just finishing compiling, ill wait for it to finish, then upload it for you to flash and see on the receiver, ill post a link shortly

I dont doubt you for a minute digi m8,
its just annoying me why it wont work

I'm zipping up my ubuntu now, when it's finished I will upload it to rapidshare and post the links here. It will be more than likely tomorrow night when I post the links.

It's a vwware upload

Dont know if that will help m8 as I can compile from the other untouched TM_CVS/cdk folder,but I will try thanks,

I wonder if it only works on digi's linux install,
has something changed when he modified certain files to make the DW branded image?

@ digi what excatly u got installed lol

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

save the above as toolcheck.sh

then run ./toolcheck.sh

im guessing wiz is using a different automake

@osbourne any ideas about the error i got ?

checking for powerpc-tuxbox-linux-gnu-gcc... powerpc-tuxbox-linux-gnu-gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name...
configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.
make: *** [/TM_CVS/apps/tuxbox/enigma/Makefile] Error 77

here's my result from toolcheck

Code:

Debian Etch 4.0 vmware image.

<snip>
Dont know if that will help m8 as I can compile from the other untouched TM_CVS/cdk folder,but I will try thanks,

<snip>

Sorry I misunderstood, I thought that you were still trying to conpile the basiuc 600/500 stuff.

I take it your trying to add digi's mods to your basic stuff ?

A diff would be easier.

Sorry I misunderstood, I thought that you were still trying to conpile the basiuc 600/500 stuff.

I take it your trying to add digi's mods to your basic stuff ?

A diff would be easier.

No m8 I am trying to compile the basic branded DW image from the TM_CVS/cdk folder,

I can compile the basic TM image from the TM_CVS/TM_CVS/cdk folder no problem,

are you confused yet lol

It's not the way I would do it
I would make TM_CVS into TM_CVS_orig
and put digi's one which i'm assuming is in TM_CVS/TM_CVS and make it just TM_CVS

you can if you want to go back to the basic one renane TM_CVS to TM_CVS_digi and tm_CVS_orig to TM_CVS then compile a basic image.

Putting everything into the TM_CVS makes diffing a pain in the butt.
If you all used this format then diffs would be a doddle.
TM_CVS (for digi's stuff)
TM_CVS_orig (for untouched files)

I may have the tm_cvs/tm_cvs and tm_cvs around the wrong way but you get my meaning i hope.

It's not the way I would do it
I would make TM_CVS into TM_CVS_orig
and put digi's one which i'm assuming is in TM_CVS/TM_CVS and make it just TM_CVS

you can if you want to go back to the basic one renane TM_CVS to TM_CVS_digi and tm_CVS_orig to TM_CVS then compile a basic image.

Putting everything into the TM_CVS makes diffing a pain in the butt.
If you all used this format then diffs would be a doddle.
TM_CVS (for digi's stuff)
TM_CVS_orig (for untouched files)

I may have the tm_cvs/tm_cvs and tm_cvs around the wrong way but you get my meaning i hope.

So you are saying split the two folders into TM orig and TM DW basically yes?

If so I tried to seperate them before but for some stupid reason I cant compile at all then,its like they are linked some how????

God its so feckin frustrating :)

EDIT: its not the way I would do it either by the way ;) lol

I'm confused aswell now..

using
>/TM_CVS/TM_CVS/cdk
just built the images with no errors, but they are named with tftp in..

e.g
"TM600tftp_update.img", is that right ?

still get the "configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables" when trying from.
>/TM_CVS/cdk

logo in the "root" is the TM FTA one so i guess the "/TM_CVS/TM_CVS/" is the defaut unedited one, have attached the image i compiled if anyone wants to try it, at the moment i can't wipe my TM600 got too many scripts i'm actively working from :p

Edit:
just noticed there's a "TM600_update.img" in

> /TM_CVS/TM_CVS/root/cdkflash/TM600/

Last edited:
the folder TM_CVS/TM_CVS was downloaded as part of the cvs from TM. at one point i was told that it shouldnt be in there, so i deleted it, but then couldnt compile anything at all

ive got a 350 mile round trip today, as well as 5 hours work (wankers in the office :() so will run this script tonight when i get back

automake is 1.10.1 and caused me no end of trouble
g++ is too high aswell. you could also install svn not needed for this job but ul need it soon im sure ;)

cheers
osborne82

@osbourne any ideas about the error i got ?

here's my result from toolcheck

Code:

Debian Etch 4.0 vmware image.

any version of G++ or GCC higher than 3.0 will cause problems, as listed in the 'linux environment' thread

G++ 2.6 > 3.0

I'm confused aswell now..

using
>/TM_CVS/TM_CVS/cdk
just built the images with no errors, but they are named with tftp in..

e.g
"TM600tftp_update.img", is that right ?

still get the "configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables" when trying from.
>/TM_CVS/cdk

logo in the "root" is the TM FTA one so i guess the "/TM_CVS/TM_CVS/" is the defaut unedited one, have attached the image i compiled if anyone wants to try it, at the moment i can't wipe my TM600 got too many scripts i'm actively working from :p

Edit:
just noticed there's a "TM600_update.img" in

> /TM_CVS/TM_CVS/root/cdkflash/TM600/

Ok so thats exactly what I get,
so we are both on the same page,
was going to ask about the tftp versions but got caught up in trying to get the DW version compiling first,

automake is 1.10.1 and caused me no end of trouble
g++ is too high aswell. you could also install svn not needed for this job but ul need it soon im sure ;)

cheers
osborne82

any version of G++ or GCC higher than 3.0 will cause problems, as listed in the 'linux environment' thread

G++ 2.6 > 3.0

Surely if that was the case it would not compile even the TM basic image?

I will keep trying today and if no joy I will take you up on the offer of the cd digi :)

Ok started from scratch again lol

Fresh install of ellies ubuntu,and also followed his install.sh instructions exactly in the "linux Enviroment" thread,

re downloaded digi's file and this time extracted them in the ubuntu build instead of windows,in case of windows not extracting them correctly,

at the moment its been running fine for about an hour so heres hoping :)

EDIT:
Its still crapping out with a different error,
got to walk away for a bit before I bust this pc :(

Last edited:
Ok started from scratch again lol

Fresh install of ellies ubuntu,and also followed his install.sh instructions exactly in the "linux Enviroment" thread,

<snip>

Don't run the install.sh if your compiling the tm500/600 stuff
install.sh is for the tm800.

would it be worth me copying the vmware folder i have, then erasing all the stuff off the virtual drive and compressing and uploading whats left?

Back