E1 tm fta cvs ?

Any update on this Danny?

I have downloaded digi's compressed folder but having trouble doing a normal compile,

Ok so taking it right back to basic's so i can then start moving forward :)

What exactly are the commands to compile a basic image and from what folder should they be run?

When I used to compile dbox2 and dream images there was a few commands to run before the final make image one,is it the same for the TM?

when trying to change certain things in the image before compile is there an easy way or must it be changed at ground level?

Sorry for all the newbie questions but if you dont ask you dont get,and now you all know how out of my depth I am lol.

Thanks,
Dave.

get the ubuntu image from here

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/215993/#post1593130

put the TM_CVS into the home directory

start terminal
cd TM_CVS
cd cdk
./maketm600

I don't know if the virtualbox works with the tm stuff.

I can't get the tm_500/600 stuff to compile on my latest ubuntu but it compiles fine on the one in the link. I need to go through them to find out what needs downgrading but havn't had the time. I think someone mention gettext should be version 2 not version 3 but as I said havn't had the time to compare between the new and old ubuntu's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep thats exactly what I was doing m8,
but I'm using the latest ubuntu I think,

will give it another go and see if I can pinpoint the problem now that I know I was doing it correctly :)

just noticed I don't have autoconf installed in the newer one (to reliant on install.sh) have added it and will run a compile later to see if it works.

just noticed I don't have autoconf installed in the newer one (to reliant on install.sh) have added it and will run a compile later to see if it works.

But I do and it wont compile :(,
it craps out moaning about gcc and glic errors,
will run it again now and post a screenie cause I'm lost at the minute and your links are crapidshare lol (to many time limits) :)

Ok heres the error?

Compilingerror.jpg

gcc and g++ need to be version 2.95 or 3.0, this is the problem im having compiling on a new linux install, but on the loder vmware / ubuntu it compiles fine

Last edited by a moderator:
So much for that thought :(

cp: cannot stat `/home/me/TM_CVS/root/cdkroot/bin/detectmmc': No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [/home/me/TM_CVS/root/cdkflash/.flash] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/me/TM_CVS/cdk'
make: *** [rebuild-flash] Error 2
cd /home/me/TM_CVS/apps/tuxbox/enigma && ./autogen.sh && CC=powerpc-tuxbox-linux-gnu-gcc CXX=powerpc-tuxbox-linux-gnu-g++ CFLAGS="-Wall -mcpu=405 -msoft-float -mmultiple -mstring -meabi -pipe -Os -ggdb3 -DHAVE_CT_HARDWARE -DHAVE_ITGATE_HARDWARE -DHAVE_TM_HARDWARE -DHAVE_TM600" CXXFLAGS="-Wall -mcpu=405 -msoft-float -mmultiple -mstring -meabi -pipe -Os -ggdb3 -DHAVE_CT_HARDWARE -DHAVE_ITGATE_HARDWARE -DHAVE_TM_HARDWARE -DHAVE_TM600" ./configure --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu --host=powerpc-tuxbox-linux-gnu --prefix=/home/me/TM_CVS/root/cdkroot --with-driver=/home/me/TM_CVS/driver --with-dvbincludes=/home/me/TM_CVS/driver/include --with-target=cdk --with-boxtype=tm600 --with-webif=standard --with-epg=private --with-flashtool=standard --with-reiserfs=no --with-ext-flashtool=yes --with-enigma-debug=yes --with-factorymode=yes --with-usamode=pal --with-flashmap=16m --with-odmmode=yes --with-mhw-epg=yes --enable-maintainer-mode --without-debug
Generating configuration files for tuxbox-enigma, please wait....
aclocal
libtoolize --automake
autoconf
autoheader
automake --add-missing
Makefile.am: required file `./ChangeLog' not found
make: *** [/home/me/TM_CVS/apps/tuxbox/enigma/Makefile] Error 1
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< TM600(TGS220) Firmware BUILD END >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
me@me-desktop:~/TM_CVS/cdk$
Have attached the whole build log incase anyone wants to read through it.

p.s. to create a complete build log for your compile just add

2>&1 | tee tm600_build.log

to the end of your make command and replace "tm600" with your particular model,thanks to SS and tyke for that little nugget.

Last edited:
So much for that thought :(

Have attached the whole build log incase anyone wants to read through it.

p.s. to create a complete build log for your compile just add

2>&1 | tee tm600_build.log

to the end of your make command and replace "tm600" with your particular model,thanks to SS and tyke for that little nugget.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

and also
Code:

u apear to have some files missing m8

cheers
osborne82

Ok so if thats the case then its the wrong TM_CVS folder I was using as there are two in digi's download :),

and thats why I was looking for your cleaned up version Danny ;)

Thanks for that will try again later and report back :)

Ok so if thats the case then its the wrong TM_CVS folder I was using as there are two in digi's download :),

and thats why I was looking for your cleaned up version Danny ;)

Thanks for that will try again later and report back :)

i got distracted this weekend, my brothers came round with large amount of stella lol no way i could play with a svn heheh
thats todays task :)

i got distracted this weekend, my brothers came round with large amount of stella lol no way i could play with a svn heheh
thats todays task :)

Well thats a good enough reason for me :)

Well that was even worse,only got about 12 lines in before it crapped out lol,

I think I will wait till Danny up's the clean cvs ;)

only just had a chance to try compile from TM CVSm trying from digi's .tar.gz

but i get...
Code:

Debian Etch 4.0 Vmware install, that worked to build Enigma from tuxbox CVS

Last edited:
I'm no expert m8 but I think its may be your build enviroment,
I cant see any thing directly relating to the compiling end of things,but I'm sure ellie or osbourne will know better.

EDIT: ffs now I'm getting the same error :(

Last edited:
Ok I couldnt get this to work at all no matter what I tried,
so I deleted the whole TM_CVS folder and then re downloaded it again,

so when fully extracted it leaves you with a TM_CVS folder with various other folders and another TM_CVS folder inside that one,

so keeping the folder structure complete I used the second TM_CVS/cdk folder as my start point and issued the ./maketm600 command,

it then proceeded for a while and eventually stopped with these two errors:

"cp: cannot stat `/home/me/TM_CVS/TM_CVS/root/cdkroot/bin/detectmmc': No such file or directory"

"Makefile.am: required file `./ChangeLog' not found
make: *** [/home/me/TM_CVS/TM_CVS/apps/tuxbox/enigma/Makefile] Error 1
"

so for the first error I got the missing detectmmc file from the first TM_CVS/root/cdkroot/bin folder and copied to the other one,

and for the second one there was already a changelog file there but just had to rename it from "changelog" to "ChangeLog",

and now I have a complete image :banana:

This is I presume just a basic image as I havent figured out how to manipulate it yet,but at least I'm getting somewhere now.

Back