DVB - PC Cards dvbviewer setup

So are you saying the problem is solved now?

the problem with the dbox is solved, i didnt want to post that problem in here coz its the wrong section, but the dvb-c card although improved from yesterday still glitches and after a while becomes unwatchable

The dvb-c card problem still remains

It does sound like a signal issue is the problem, though. You should be able to confirm this by checking the amount of discontinueties you get in DVBsource in DVDviewer.

ok guys wonder if someone can help here, in dvbviewer when i select the channel list it is still the numbers and not the channel names, I have tried downloading the channel editor but do not know how to progress and cant find any documentation on this.
thanks, Will.

i got this from DVBsource. the dicontinuities keep going up and up and then the graph late goes up one number and the discontinuities start again

ok guys wonder if someone can help here, in dvbviewer when i select the channel list it is still the numbers and not the channel names, I have tried downloading the channel editor but do not know how to progress and cant find any documentation on this.
thanks, Will.

right click inside the channel list window and select group by --none

then when that is done you can right click again and then click on sort channel by name

Load the channels.dat file from Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\CMUV\DVBViewer (or the corresponding Vista folder) into the Channel Editor as the Source. You can now create new groups in the destination window. Drag and drop files from source to destination. When you're done, save the Destination as channels.dat over-writing the old one. Done.

Load the channels.dat file from Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\CMUV\DVBViewer (or the corresponding Vista folder) into the Channel Editor as the Source. You can now create new groups in the destination window. Drag and drop files from source to destination. When you're done, save the Destination as channels.dat over-writing the old one. Done.

is that a solution to my signal problem or a solution ti willins' channel names issue ??:handball:

so do i need a booster, have you seen the pic i posted in one of my earlier posts about the discontinuities

Ah, didn't notice the picture before, and yes, you've sure got a lot of discontinueties there. Like I said, if the card works well on your friend's PC and removing your attentutor-splitter seemed to improve things, it does very much sound like you have a signal strength issue.

The "graph too late" message is interesting, though. Before you splash out on a booster, try what I suggested earlier and start a recording and go to view->close graph. Check the txt file exported with recording to see the number of errors. You might have to enable this by ticking "create information file" from the recording settings first.

i already have an SLX1 booster but will this work on dagitial cable signals

It's gotta be signal strength, then. Plug in your SLX1 and have a go. I'm quite sure that's the one people use to boost dreambox and dbox with, so it should work.

Try to enable the signal reading. Click time a couple of times on the bottom of the video window where it says "time", until you get a percentage reading and a colored bar. Mine is usually between 50-60%. If it goes higher than 60-65%, I start getting errors. It can go pretty low, though, before I get any problems, but it depends on how much noise is in your signal, which you unfortunately can't get a reliable reading for, so you just have to play with it and see how it goes.

signal reading is between 50 - 65 percent, i think it is the noise in the signal issue, i think the Dbox must havee a way to remove noise,

right click inside the channel list window and select group by --none
then when that is done you can right click again and then click on sort channel by name

That worked the insaan, a very simple solution many thanks!

Thanks for that M8.

Right im new to all this , got myself set up and getting free to air plus some that i thought should be encrypted lol , anyway not sure if i got yankse-fenrir set up correctly in this and when it decodes encypted channels the screen is scewed or repeating itself , any ideas what need changing ?

At a guess, I wouldn't say that was to do with decrypting channels, more likely to be a codec issue.

Can you play DVDs in your machine, does it do it then? If it does, it's a playback problem (codec or display settings or something), if it doesn't it might be a card driver problem

Back