dvb s2 card help

linzi

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi ive got a htpc i was wanting to get a sat card put into my case will this one be any good and whats your views on it

TBS6981 PCI-E DVB S2 HD Dual Tuner Card: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

i can get it a bit cheaper than this tho lol can you use a motorized dish or dual lnb dish with this card.

Im writing this as if i no what im talking about lol ( i dont have a clue really )

and also is this card like ya sky+ hd box with record

i know nothing about that card but it looks pricey.
is it not possible to install 2x technisat skystar s2 into your PC?

they cost 50 quid each.

Anyone else no I'm desperate for a sat tuner and not very clued up

This sort of setup can be notoriously hard to setup tbh your better going with an actual reciever

I tried to setup a dvbc setup last year with 2 cards but it was a complete nightmare

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Its all down to space now and I'd like it in my computer but what do you think about that card or am I better of. Getting a single dvb s2

This sort of setup can be notoriously hard to setup tbh your better going with an actual reciever

I tried to setup a dvbc setup last year with 2 cards but it was a complete nightmare

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

not necessarily,
there are people who have the skystar s2 card built into their htpc and are watching away happily. there are even guides for that on the interwebs.
2 cards maybe,
but there is nothing wrong in having a htpc with DVB-S card.

so do you recon i should get a skystar single tuner or that dual tuner i mentioned earlier for £95

All i'm trying to say is that the skystar definately works.
and there is plenty of support out there for it.

you might want to try some other forums with regards to the tuner you want.

Back