Dundee to become Scotland's first 'fibre city'

this is off topic but I was at a job in Dundee today (Lochee to be exact) and the guys on the job who come from NE England couldnt get a hotel anywhere in Dundee.. closest they could find was the Broxden Travelodge in Perth.
WTF is happening in Dundee that they have no hotel rooms?

Ninewells hospital in Dundee is a World leading cancer research facility. believe it or not but the main hotels in the city are probably full.

Dundee has a lot of things going on just now, its not a ghost town although industry isn't what it used to be.

Ninewells hospital in Dundee is a World leading cancer research facility. believe it or not but the main hotels in the city are probably full.

Youd think if it was world leading they'd buy some fookin beds though lol.
But seriously i'm in Dundee 2 or 3 times a week and it's a very nice City, has it's bad points same as everywhere else.
But the burds are mingin.
honestly

Nothing big that I know of is going on in Dundee at the moment.

A few things Scott :)

One of the two university's students are graduating tomorrow. (More Irish peeps than Dundonians in the city just now)

It has three Championship golf courses within a few miles of the city. (More Americans and Japanese peeps than you can shake a stick at)

As said before, Ninewells is a leading Cancer Research facility (a number of consultants from around the world are here daily)

Dundee's Blues Bonanza about to happen :) (Hotels wont be booked just yet though)

T in the Park only weeks away (Same as above)

Pretty busy place just now though? :)
But the burds are mingin.

Depends on where your looking? Same as everyplace?

Last edited:
A few things Scott :)

One of the two university's students are graduating tomorrow. (More Irish peeps than Dundonians in the city just now)

It has three Championship golf courses within a few miles of the city. (More Americans and Japanese peeps than you can shake a stick at)

As said before, Ninewells is a leading Cancer Research facility (a number of consultants from around the world are here daily)

Dundee's Blues Bonanza about to happen :) (Hotels wont be booked just yet though)

T in the Park only weeks away (Same as above)

Pretty busy place just now though? :)

Depends on where your looking? Same as everyplace?

T in the park is weeks away, that will cause even more people overflowing to Perth.

Ninewells has been a leading Cancer Research hub for a number of years now, nothing new.

You make a good point tho, the graduation, come to think of it that will be the main reason :)

Don't know if you've ever been to St Andrews on graduation day but it looks like down town Riyaydh

The only time I stayed there was when I was at the cash for a fortnights training session.

I stayed at the Swallow hotel which wasn't too shabby (pricey, but clean)

NCR is gone now mate, Only the R&D place is left here.

Swallow Hotel has been there for years. Actually Jill Gascoine ( The Gentle Touch) used to run that hotel :)

About Jill

gascoigne.jpg

Mabye theres no hotels in dundee cause they dont expect anyone to go there?

only kidding chaps

Dundee is a nice place but the worst bit is the hill leading down to Tannadice thats bloody murder!!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Back