Dreambox DM800se Service Unavailable - check tuner?

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Guys can anyone help here all my channels are blank for any other satellite except astra, If I goto any other channel there all blank and if I chose them it says "Service Unavailable - check tuner"

I have the settings set to positioner, also all my usals settings are good, I did them with google maps.

But any other satellite the channels are all greyed out.

Would be good if anyone can tell me what I am doing wrong.

Cheers all.

Mick

Were they working before Mick?
If you have only just set them up did you remember to set the longitude to west?

Have you downloaded a channel list?
Have you tried scanning the other sats?

So many questions lol

I set it up, it was working fine, then I put the bouquets on and now its not working, I have also tried a multi bouquets package but that also gives me nothing.

Yeah I think it may be the bloody DBUK bouquets???

Not 100% sure though.

Mick

As Mark says above the DBUK bouquets dont have a multi sat xml file so thats probably your problem :)

If your using the DBUK image then download the catseyes settings through the addon panel i am using these at the moment through a diseqc switch so can say 100% these are working

just bought a 800SE and having a spot of bother with usuals..... can you tell me where the add on panel is to download? don't see it it plugins

Cheers

@ mick what channel list did you use
U may. Have install static list from the dbuk list.

@ tam
Menu system settings
Srvice searching
Tuner config
Leave as simple possitioner
Change the west numbers a bit lower
It will move dish further west.

Last edited:
Cheers John, i've tried that and had west from 202 down past 190 and still not a sausage....

It would help if you had a dish up you numpty lol

Absolute disaster... f@@king dish is hanging by a thread whole unit has come off the chimney!!

Absolute disaster... f@@king dish is hanging by a thread whole unit has come off the chimney!!

Ah feck seriously m8?

You wont catch me adjusting the longitude if thats what happens ;)

Ah feck seriously m8?

You wont catch me adjusting the longitude if thats what happens ;)

Yep! 100mph winds in glasgow,

dish been steady as a rock for 18months!

new toy to play with and then this!!
disaster! wonder what i'll be doing on saturday morning

I'm now having a similar problem :err:

quite a lot of things have stopped working or going wrong lately
epg saving to internal flash
cant view box via browser
cant use iPhone app that worked before
amongst other small things
latest thing, I went to scan other sats the other night, done what Ive always done and this time I get a message

"Nothing To Scan, Please Setup Your Tuner Settings Before You Start A Service Scan"

Ive tried another Sat.XML and tried scanning with a motorised channel list but nothing :err:

today I decided to reflash image and start a fresh all problems seem to have gone apart from scanning other sats

:err:

You should get a new hobby m8 lol

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

maybe your right wiz

I think a lot of the problems was caused by the backing up of the image tbh
but the scanning and tuner setup is a strange one and I'm not completely alone on that one lol

maybe your right wiz

I think a lot of the problems was caused by the backing up of the image tbh
but the scanning and tuner setup is a strange one and I'm not completely alone on that one lol

Not sure what image/ssl your using but it might be worth your while upgrading even the bootloader to see if that helps,
and no your not alone m8, thats the fun with these boxes m8,fallow ABC doesn't always work :Hit:

DBUK 1.1 SSL82

worked in the past all good

I did change the xml whn Astra 1N started broadcasting, but as I said Ive also tried other mootorised channel lists with there xml

Im sure Ill suss it in the end lol its not a major isssue for me tbh but would like it to work

DBUK 1.1 SSL82

worked in the past all good

I did change the xml whn Astra 1N started broadcasting, but as I said Ive also tried other mootorised channel lists with there xml

Im sure Ill suss it in the end lol its not a major isssue for me tbh but would like it to work
Did you sort this out as im having problems now too. I just cannot get a lock on 4.8e, other sats are fine.
External sat meter gets a good signal straight form the dish on 4.8e
Tried doing it through usals & through advanced settings. Changed the sat.xml but still no luck.
Im using DreamboxUK_v2.1_DM800SE-simSSL-84a.

Last edited:
Yes mate the XML in my bouquets should scan all sats now
I'm not sure if I've uploaded the XML on its own
If not just take it out of the bouquet rar file in Linux section :)

Let us know if it works for you mate

Sent from my iPhone

Back