Dreambox - Best retailers?

DodgyTech

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys, I been searching around and I'm confused as I just don't know which is the best retailer around for DMs.

I want to get a DM500s and so far I've looked at:

DVBMonkey
Linuxsat
Satstore

I was going to buy from DVB monkey and then saw that satstore have a cheap dm500s but out of stock and DVBMonkey's shipping price is a rip-off.

Can anyone recommend me any retailers and a rough figure of how much they paid.

Use Dealextreme 50 quid delivered.
Thanks mate. Had a look at them before, but the whole "DMBox" logo at the front kinda puts me off (even though I know that they are all clones).

Have you bought one of these?

Thanks mate. Had a look at them before, but the whole "DMBox" logo at the front kinda puts me off (even though I know that they are all clones).

Have you bought one of these?

Yes, I have two of these, Build quality looks better than a couple of 500c's I have, has a power switch at the back as well which some other clones dont have.

Works fine, currently have one running a OpenPli image with CCAM 2.1.4 in client mode.

Thanks guys. i'll get one from deal extreme unless someone posts anything better before 5 :p

Be prepared to wait 2 weeks for delivery though ! The free delivery uses standard airmail.

- You will also need a 2 pin - 3 pin UK plug adaptor as the power lead comes with a 2 pin plug. Or if you have a spare figure 8 lead with a UK 3 pin plug, you can use this instead.

there a guy on amazon selling them ive just got 2 from him and he posts out right away the ones i got were both black and work fine and his in uk just do a search on there for dm500s he has 2 left

there a guy on amazon selling them ive just got 2 from him and he posts out right away the ones i got were both black and work fine and his in uk just do a search on there for dm500s he has 2 left
Just had a look mate. Is this the guy? [ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00068RRM0/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=15WMR8J942HZRC2PVGMM&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467198433&pf_rd_i=468294]DVB-S Receiver Dream DreamBox DM500S: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo[/ame]

Can anyone else confirm that the seller is okay as I don't know it works with amazon - im more of an ebay guy =]

Be prepared to wait 2 weeks for delivery though ! The free delivery uses standard airmail.

- You will also need a 2 pin - 3 pin UK plug adaptor as the power lead comes with a 2 pin plug. Or if you have a spare figure 8 lead with a UK 3 pin plug, you can use this instead.
Yeah I don't like to be kept waiting lol. I have plenty of those plugs...just gotta find them hehe

yes thats where i got mine from and i can only say i got them 2 days after i payed and put pli on them and they have been fine he sent them recorded

yes thats where i got mine from and i can only say i got them 2 days after i payed and put pli on them and they have been fine he sent them recorded
Thanks for the feedback. What's pli?

Back