Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

dreambox 500s no chanels

when ever i scan i get the following message.
All known transponders have been tried. but no lock was possible. Verify antenna-/cable-setup or try another satellite/network.

what satellite is your dish fixed on m8?

did u select the required satellite from the list for it to scan?

You are 100% sure the dish is tuned and plugged in correctly to the receiver?

Since you cannot get any networking to work and no signal to work it may be the box is totally faulty. That would be rare so maybe you are trying to do too much in one go and need to start right from scratch, one step at a time. Back to basics.

Right, if you know that the dish is tuned and working, make sure cable connections are correct and make sure the co-ax is going into the correct input on the rear of the receiver.

You need to use a null-modem serial lead to load the original firmware on the receiver. Get the software from the official dreambox site, you need 'Dreamup' for the loader and then the released firmware for your box.

Once you have the box totally back to brand-new then use the original manual that comes with the receiver. You should then be able to set up a standard working sat system- Dish > co-ax > box > tv

Once you have that working as per the manual you can then move on to upgrading, no offence intended but its the only suggestion I have left.
Report back which step you get stuck at.

yes you are right digidude.
i am still trying to connect to the box to my pc via network. but no joy.
can any body advise me is there any other program like dream edit. i could not succeed to upload the servicee & bouquet with.

Digitech;

The Dbedit program is just an ftp program with a fancy front end user interface for sorting out all your channels.

At the end of the day if you cannot connect to the box from your pc via your crossover cable, you have a network issue, this is nothing to do with Dbedit whatsoever.

I'd suggest changing your NIC card to a new range;

Maybe set your PC to 190.160.1.1

Dreambox to 190.160.1.9

Restart both after the relevant changes have been made, confirm there are no firewalls blocking access, and give that a go.

It's a case of trial and error now as your duplex etc must be fine if you're saying you can connect to your Dbox without a problem.

If this doesn't work Im certainly leaning towards a hardware issue with your Dream's network interface.

also make sure subnet mask is set to 255.255.255.0 on both dreambox and pc.

also are you 100% sure it's definately a crossover cable and not a straight through ethenet cable?

Back