Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

dreambox 500s no chanels

i've downloaded the program. but finding it difficult to upload the files to the box. can you give me some instruction please.

digitech, i think dude is asking if you now have your receiver connected by network cable? Do you have a network cable joining pc to dreambox, or do you have dreambox connected directly to a router, or do you have a switch or hub connection?

Basically to use dbedit you will need to be connected to the dreambox by network of some kind, ie ethernet network cable. Then when you have a connection you can use dbedit to transfer the pre-made channel settings. As far as i know you cant use a null-modem serial lead to transfer channels & settings.

yes you are right pinkhelmets. but im still trying to connect it with network cable. i have putted the following ip address:
on the dreambox : 192.168.0.5
on pc: 192.168.0.1
but it still saying check the connection.

ok i dont have a dmbox in front of me, but from memory, press blue button on remote, go into expert setup, then go into communication setup. That is where you will see your dreambox IP details and change them etc. Now that should match the details in dbedit. If you click on 'options' button near the top of dbedit you should be able to edit IP details at the pc end. Now both IP need to be set the same, so basically on your tv it should read- 192.168.0.5 and in the dbedit software it should read- 192.168.0.5
Then there is a test button in the software for you to use,to make sure you have the connection working.
Try that and report back :).

Where did you get the network cable from that you are attempting to use for the connection ?

this is the message i do get.
Could not connect to Dreambox. Check IP Address, network settings and status of Dreambox.

Pop into Setup - Expert Setup - Communications setup and pass on what you see in there for me please

on the box :

ip: 192.168.0.1
net mask: 255.255.255.0
type: lan
nameserver: 0.0.0.0.
gateway: 0.0.0.0.

enable network
port: 80

ok i dont have a dmbox in front of me, but from memory, press blue button on remote, go into expert setup, then go into communication setup. That is where you will see your dreambox IP details and change them etc. Now that should match the details in dbedit. If you click on 'options' button near the top of dbedit you should be able to edit IP details at the pc end. Now both IP need to be set the same, so basically on your tv it should read- 192.168.0.5 and in the dbedit software it should read- 192.168.0.5
Then there is a test button in the software for you to use,to make sure you have the connection working.
Try that and report back :).
Did you try my recommendation earlier (posted on page3 of this thread)? If so what was outcome?
I would say your ip is not set correctly.

yes i have done that.
this is the message i got.

Could not connect to Dreambox. Check IP Address, network settings and status of Dreambox

Just change the IP of your Dreambox to the same as your dbox, if you can connect to the dbox fine then you shouldnt have a problem.

Back