[DOWNLOAD] Zgemma H1 OpenATV 4.2 Full Backup

in my cable bouquet, at the top of sports i have sky events, then prime events so im guessing thats what we need chaps.

on another note, every channel seems to be working fine on cable side, but iv just switched over to ss1 hd to watch the match and its saying 0% snr, anyone else having this problem, with nothing showing up, most other channels are 98% snr.

EDIT: iv actually got a few channels doing this, eden hd for one, yesterday channel, bbc three, and probably a fair few more, could my signal be too strong going in from splitter causing these to break up and say no signal.

Last edited:
in my cable bouquet, at the top of sports i have sky events, then prime events so im guessing thats what we need chaps.

on another note, every channel seems to be working fine on cable side, but iv just switched over to ss1 hd to watch the match and its saying 0% snr, anyone else having this problem, with nothing showing up, most other channels are 98% snr.

EDIT: iv actually got a few channels doing this, eden hd for one, yesterday channel, bbc three, and probably a fair few more, could my signal be too strong going in from splitter causing these to break up and say no signal.

sky events m8

All good my side, i just set it up today using a clean version if this image

Sent from my HTC One

cant work out what it is, sly side works sound, no problems there, and i thought cable side was the same, until i noticed ss1 hd it was trying to work but then just goes all blocky then nothing, movies and rest of sports work flawlessly, just some channels not clearing properly and saying no signal, very strange, if anyone has any ideas please do let me know.

im too using this backup image, i have not installed anything else only setup cams, changed service searching for cable to 40969, and updated bouquets with autobouquet, im lost.

Im not sure either you could try a scan then run ab again

Sent from my HTC One

cant work out what it is, sly side works sound, no problems there, and i thought cable side was the same, until i noticed ss1 hd it was trying to work but then just goes all blocky then nothing, movies and rest of sports work flawlessly, just some channels not clearing properly and saying no signal, very strange, if anyone has any ideas please do let me know.

im too using this backup image, i have not installed anything else only setup cams, changed service searching for cable to 40969, and updated bouquets with autobouquet, im lost.

Sounds very much like you have channel breakup on some frequency's as you say most work but some dont which would rule out the magic part :)

How many other devices do you have connected ie: Tivo,Router,Multiroom etc.. as i know the Tuners on these are pretty good but sometimes even they have problems dealing with a weak signal, Or it could be the reverse and too much signal.

Try it with just the Router connected.

I hade a similar problem a fue weeks back ss1hd and some of the film channels with mine it was a lose connection

I agree with digi here it sounds like a signal issue.

If your image and the tuner in these are capable of displaying the signal strength in DB not percentage do that and tell us what the db reading is.

Sounds very much like you have channel breakup on some frequency's as you say most work but some dont which would rule out the magic part :)

How many other devices do you have connected ie: Tivo,Router,Multiroom etc.. as i know the Tuners on these are pretty good but sometimes even they have problems dealing with a weak signal, Or it could be the reverse and too much signal.

Try it with just the Router connected.
all i have plugged in is the virmin modem, and this box, is coming in from the wall about 10ft to which iv split, one going to modem, and other to zgemma, i have also used a proper f connector to aerial connection so i know its not a loose connection, im thinking signal is too strong, but how do i go about getting it down.

I agree with digi here it sounds like a signal issue.

If your image and the tuner in these are capable of displaying the signal strength in DB not percentage do that and tell us what the db reading is.
its this image im using pal, i will have a look and see if theres anything to see db signal.

you need an attenuator, problem is you may need a few to try which is best as they come in 3db,6db,9db,12db etc...

Or if you have another cable splitter in the house use that as this will drop the signal by around 4db.

Driver bug on the Zgemma's you can only get the .db reading on the fixed satellite tuner the Cable tuner which where added later only displays %

i do have a couple of splitters somehwere in the house, i will have to dig them out and see what happens, gunna start searching, will report back soon, and just to let you know, i did previously have a dreambox 800se cable working fine and signal was always fine, not that thats any indication of anything i suppose ;)

you need an attenuator, problem is you may need a few to try which is best as they come in 3db,6db,9db,12db etc...

Or if you have another cable splitter in the house use that as this will drop the signal by around 4db.

Driver bug on the Zgemma's you can only get the .db reading on the fixed satellite tuner the Cable tuner which where added later only displays %

That is a real shame very handy a DB reading and more logical.

just to confirm guys i used a 2nd splitter to try and lower the signal, and sure enough my channels come back on straight away, so must of been a case of signal being too high, box is working a treat now all up and running on both cable and sky, appreciate the help and suggestions guys, as always spot on. ;)

Hi ,i have Zgemma h1 combo ,i can scan sly but cable say timeout tuner lock,any help please

Hi i am having problems with zgemma H1 with cable scanning. I receive a tuner lock whenever i scan. could anybody help please. Thanks

If it helps tony I have got my sat and cable working now. I entered the net ID, Frequency & Symbol rate for my area (Glasgow). Then went to setup/service searching/autbouquets maker/providers, and changed the Slyuk (SD) area by left/right buttons. Also virminuk area using left right buttons then scan and hey presto !! it works.
Vix also has a plugin called Openwebif (enter your box IP from your browser to access) You can stream to your PC and edit your channels and bouquets. Brilliant!
Hi koper when you say you entered net ID, Frequency & Symbol rate where abouts do these go, the net id I have entered but there does not seem anywhere to enter the others.

Hi koper when you say you entered net ID, Frequency & Symbol rate where abouts do these go, the net id I have entered but there does not seem anywhere to enter the others.

Depends on what firmware you are using. I was on vix 5 when wrote that post. I have upgraded to vix hades since then. In Hades you need menu>setup>Service searching>Autobouquets maker>providers & enter your region from the left-right button options. Mine were west Scotland for sly and code 40984 uddingston for virmin...... then full network scan on each.

Hi Koper thanks for your reply I am on vix hades, I am able to enter my net id but can find no where to enter the frequency and sybol rate are they not required

You don't need to if you use autobouquets>provider as my previous post. You can scan a satellite,network or a single transponder using TP details etc.,if you goto menu>setup>service searching>manual scan, but I prefer to use autobouquets !

Back