Downgrade Problems, I have GTA unpatched

If your saying your son's copy of GTA:LCS has the 2.60 update on in then unfortunately you won't be able to use it to downgrade....You need the unpatched version

Managed to Downgrade to 1.5!! Thanks all

could not run the NetConfigBackup application

Also how do I play "homebrew" games?

If your on 1.5 the 1st thing you should do is update to 3.10OE Custom Firmware using this package link

Once you have upgraded there is an optional smaller update to take you to 3.10 OE-A' which is here

Don't worry about the NetConfig error it's nothing major and won't effect your PSP...IF you were using your PSP on a wireless network you just need to enter the settings again....

For homebrew just Google it ;)

Is that the only game which has the 2.00 update on do you know of any other games the I could use I will go through all the games I have to see if there's another

Is that the only game which has the 2.00 update on do you know of any other games the I could use I will go through all the games I have to see if there's another

Unfortunately mate that's the only one which will work....

If your on 1.5 the 1st thing you should do is update to 3.10OE Custom Firmware using this package link

Once you have upgraded there is an optional smaller update to take you to 3.10 OE-A' which is here

Don't worry about the NetConfig error it's nothing major and won't effect your PSP...IF you were using your PSP on a wireless network you just need to enter the settings again....

For homebrew just Google it ;)

upgrade to 3.10oe(open edition from darl alex not sonys)

Thanks to you both for your help, today I downgraded my 2.81 PSP, installed Dark Alex 3.10oe-A and downloaded and played my 1st "homebrew" game....

Just a coplue more questions, can I only play english PSP games? or can I play JAP and US games?

I can seem to turn on the wireless ...any ideas?
Big thanks to you all, you guys make a difference

Last edited:
Thanks to you both for your help, today I downgraded my 2.81 PSP, installed Dark Alex 3.10oe-A and downloaded and played my 1st "homebrew" game....

Just a coplue more questions, can I only play english PSP games? or can I play JAP and US games?

I can seem to turn on the wireless ...any ideas?
Big thanks to you all, you guys make a difference

u can play jap and us,also go into your psp menu and restore default settings and this should sort out the wireless problem

Upgraded to 3.10 OE-A'

Now the games won't load, PSP says

the game could not be started 80020321

What you need to do it reboot the PSP whilst holding in the Right Shoulder Trigger....

This will take you into the recovery console....Now off the top of my head you need to go into Advanced Configuration....In there you will have an option No UMD Mode....Make sure this is enabled...

Like I said this is off the top of my head so the No UMD option may be within another sub menu but once you have found it enable No UMD mode....Reboot the PSP and try the game again

What you need to do it reboot the PSP whilst holding in the Right Shoulder Trigger....

This will take you into the recovery console....Now off the top of my head you need to go into Advanced Configuration....In there you will have an option No UMD Mode....Make sure this is enabled...

Like I said this is off the top of my head so the No UMD option may be within another sub menu but once you have found it enable No UMD mode....Reboot the PSP and try the game again

Still not loading, can I remove the last update? that seem to be the problem?

You could use the recovery console to go back down to 1.5 and then back up to 3.10

Did you format the memory stick after the last update and what game is it?

You could use the recovery console to go back down to 1.5 and then back up to 3.10

Did you format the memory stick after the last update and what game is it?

Same problem in the recovery console, try to run the program and the screen just gos blank, then shuts off...

Was working fine before i installed the 2nd Dark Alex update..

Formatted the Mem card

Do you have the 1.5 EBOOT in the correct folder for the recovery console?

yes copied the 1.5 file to the recovery folder on the PSP as listed in the recovery console...

Same behaviour, tries to load up the file and then the screen go's blank...is there a way to go back to 2.81?

There's no direct way of going back to 2.81...You would need to go back to 1.5 using the recovery console and then back up........ What is the file called in the recovery folder?

There's no direct way of going back to 2.81...You would need to go back to 1.5 using the recovery console and then back up........ What is the file called in the recovery folder?

EBOOT.PBP

UPDATE.PBP is also there

In the PSP/GAME/RECOVERY folder delete whatever is in there and transfer across the 1.50 EBOOT and name it EBOOT.PBP

That should work

Back