Downgrade Problems, I have GTA unpatched

bennyben

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've got GTA unpatched.

Running Firmware 2.81

Instructions say to copy the 3.03 upgrade into /PSP/GAME/UPDATE

There is no folder in /PSP/GAME called "Update"

I created this folder and placed the 3.03 package in it.

When I goto the mem stick to run the update is says "File Corrupted"

Any ideas??

Did you name the folder UPDATE all in uppercase?

ie /PSP/GAME/UPDATE/

The file you put in the UPDATE folder needs to be called EBOOT.PBP

Have you tried formatting the memory stick and then transferring the eboot?

Did you name the folder UPDATE all in uppercase?

ie /PSP/GAME/UPDATE/

The file you put in the UPDATE folder needs to be called EBOOT.PBP

Thanks

noticed the file was called 11844_EBOOT.PBP

I guess I should remane this to EBOOT?

Yeh just rename it to EBOOT.PBP and pop it in the UPDATE folder

Yeh just rename it to EBOOT.PBP and pop it in the UPDATE folder

That worked a treat, thanks a mil...

Reading ahead the instructions mention

"Copy the contents of the folder MS_ROOT from the 3.03 downgrader ZIP to
the memory stick"

is there any particular location to copy the files?

The root of the PSP is the 1st folder you see when you click on the PSP disk in "My Computer" .....

To be honest there is an easy downgrading package to use which does all the work of moving the files for you....

Take a look link

Last edited by a moderator:
Just noticed that link isn't working so just carry on with the package your using at the moment......

One thing to remember is to make sure you name the 1.50 EBOOT UPDATE.PBP and not EBOOT.PBP as it will just overwrite the 3.03 file

Here is an alternative link for the Easy downgrader package link

Just noticed that link isn't working so just carry on with the package your using at the moment......

One thing to remember is to make sure you name the 1.50 EBOOT UPDATE.PBP and not EBOOT.PBP as it will just overwrite the 3.03 file

Thanks download link

in the downgrader_howto.txt

the following steps are mentioned

4 - On the PSP, run the 3.03 update from the memory stick under the Game menu.

5 - Delete <pspdrive>:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE

SHOULD YOU DELETE THIS FOLDER? AS IS APPEARS YOU HAVE TO USE IT IN STEP 7 BELOW?

6 - Copy the contents of the folder MS_ROOT from the 3.03 downgrader ZIP to the memory stick

COPY THE "PSP" FOLDER FROM THE 303DG.ZIP FILE TO WHIC LOCATION ON THE PSP? THE ROOT FOLDER?

7 - Unzip the 1.50 update to a temporary folder. Rename the EBOOT.PBP to
UPDATE.PBP and copy it to <pspdrive>:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/ . DO NOT
OVERWRITE PSP/GAME/UPDATE/EBOOT.PBP!

Yes you need to delete the PSP/GAME/UPDATE Folder and just copy the PSP folder onto the Root of the PSP which is the 1st folder you go into when you click on the PSP in My Computer

Worked a treat...

I've upgraded to 3.03, but HEN is not loading

the instructions in the how to are a bit vauge and don't really make sense..see below

- If GTA does not load 3.03 HEN and it loads up a save game, try making
a backup copy of all of the directories in <pspdrive>:/PSP/SAVEDATA/
before deleting them. Then try copying the contents of the 303 HEN zip
to there.

could anyone expand on this??

thanks again!!!

Basically if HEN doesn't load..... Backup your gamesaves from the PSP/SAVEDATA folder if you want to keep them....

Then format the memory stick and then copy over the contents of the 303HEN folder into the PSP/SAVEDATA folder

This should then work

Hi guys
I hope you don't mind me jumping in on this conversation, I have been following your thread and I have caught up I have installed the update to bring mine at two 3.03 I have now installed contents of the downgrader to the memory stick i am unsure where the 1.50 file is

thanks

Hi guys
I hope you don't mind me jumping in on this conversation, I have been following your thread and I have caught up I have installed the update to bring mine at two 3.03 I have now installed contents of the downgrader to the memory stick i am unsure where the 1.50 file is

thanks

The 1.50 file should be in the PSP/GAME/UPDATE folder ....It's a file named UPDATE.PBP

In the update folder the file is named EBOOT is this the one that I rename as the original file from upgrade to 3.03 I have deleted from the memory stick

If I were you just format the memory card and then use this file to install the downdater files in the correct location

link

Managed to Downgrade to 1.5!! Thanks all

could not run the NetConfigBackup application

Also how do I play "homebrew" games?

It looks as if i am having problems just got my sons game and it has the update version 2.60 and what I have read I am unable to do it is this correct or is there another way round it

thank you

Back