How do I disable Internet Guide?
While not the most common question, it is certainly the most important to users who no longer wish to use the service. To disable Internet Guide in Windows:
- Open the DynDNS Updater for Windows.
- Click the Advanced link to show the advanced settings.
- Uncheck "Enable DynDNS.com Internet Guide on this PC" and click the Apply button. Internet Guide will be disabled.
If you have already removed the DynDNS Updater for Windows or manually enabled the service:
- Open the Control Panel from your Start menu.
- Click Network Connections and choose your current connection.
- On the General tab of the Connection Status screen, click Properties.
- On the General tab of Connection Properties, scroll down and select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), then click Properties.
- Select "Obtain DNS server address automatically" (or enter the IP addresses of your recursive DNS servers).
- Click OK until all windows are closed. Internet Guide will be disabled.