dns account query??

dj999

Inactive User
Reaction score
anyone else got a dns account for cs??
having a slight problem.

since i created the account 18 months ago, have now noticed that have a problem accessing some sites or apps within other sites.
see picture.
i have not created a defense plan and dont know how to edit/delete it

Well as a first stop I would click the link in your pic above to see if you can change your settings,failing that you can disable it by following this text:

How do I disable Internet Guide?
While not the most common question, it is certainly the most important to users who no longer wish to use the service. To disable Internet Guide in Windows:

• Open the DynDNS Updater for Windows.

• Click the Advanced link to show the advanced settings.

• Uncheck "Enable DynDNS.com Internet Guide on this PC" and click the Apply button. Internet Guide will be disabled.

If you have already removed the DynDNS Updater for Windows or manually enabled the service:

• Open the Control Panel from your Start menu.

• Click Network Connections and choose your current connection.

• On the General tab of the Connection Status screen, click Properties.

• On the General tab of Connection Properties, scroll down and select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), then click Properties.

• Select "Obtain DNS server address automatically" (or enter the IP addresses of your recursive DNS servers).

• Click OK until all windows are closed. Internet Guide will be disabled.

Bear in mind as I dont use this service,disabling it may also disable your dyndns settings

I think the defense plan/Internet guide and your actual dns account settings are two different things m8.

but the problem accessing the sites/apps has been done automatically.

Well I just signed up and open a dns account and the defense plan, or internet guide as they call it,is a separate service,

Dont know what else to suggest m8 unless someone who has been in the same situation answers ;)

the account and the internet defence are definately 2 different things, my defence is disabled and i can cs!

just disable it with instructions above, should sort your problem out!

edit : beat me to it wiz lol

iv not had any problems like that mate, you must have activated it or someone else has, possibly by mistake!

thanks for that, looks to be ok for now.
maybe when the updater updates itself.

Back