[DM800SE] - Tune Failed

ChrisUK

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've been having a play on my box this morning to try & get the On Demand services working & I've done something to the tuner.

Tuner was working great upto this point (& was fine before I rebooted the box for the changes to take effect), 100% on the majority of the UK channels. I know the dish hasn't moved etc as it was literally working 30s before I rebooted the box...

I keep getting tune failed now on every single channel - nothing will clear.

I've re-flashed the box & even used different channel lists, but to no avail.

Can anyone advise please ?

Thanks

Chris

Panic over - cold started the box after leaving a few mins switched off - all working again now.

Hi guys,

I've been having a play on my box this morning to try & get the On Demand services working & I've done something to the tuner.

Tuner was working great upto this point (& was fine before I rebooted the box for the changes to take effect), 100% on the majority of the UK channels. I know the dish hasn't moved etc as it was literally working 30s before I rebooted the box...

I keep getting tune failed now on every single channel - nothing will clear.

I've re-flashed the box & even used different channel lists, but to no avail.

Can anyone advise please ?

Thanks

Chris
off the top of my head!! you will need to ftp rats bouquets as this contains the sat xml file which may be the problem first,, then set up tuner then search.

I tried updating the sat.xml file before I posted this & it still wouldnt work - brown trouser moment lol.

Thought being in IT, I'd perform the true IT fix.

Switch off, leave a few mins & turn back on lol

always the best way after flashing images i never reboot

i pull power cord wait 5 mins then power up

seems to work better that way

glad you sorted mate

I tried updating the sat.xml file before I posted this & it still wouldnt work - brown trouser moment lol.

Thought being in IT, I'd perform the true IT fix.

Switch off, leave a few mins & turn back on lol

what i have done in case of brown trouser moments is i have used DCC and copied files like sat,caminfo,channel layout xml,etc to computer then if the brown stuff hits the fan or boxers you can copy them back and you are set up again in mins as you and me a the same..love to tweek here and there or make things better but end up knaffing it up.

Do a frigging full backup before you mess around :D

I've now used the gstroom daily OpenPLi image from today & made the below modifications:

Picons added for 1W, 13E, 19E & 28.2E
Simple HD Skin
Second Info bar (allows you to see server info, ECM, hops etc with 2 presses of the OK button)
CrossEPG (all set-up & working to use OpenTV listings)
Coolman EPG (all set-up to display like the pic a few posts above)
ET-Livestream (allows streaming plugins to be used)
TS Panel (latest 6.9 version)
IceFilms (all working)
BBC iPlayer (all working)
ITV Player (all working)
CCcam
NFI imagetools (to save your own backup images)

I've not bothered to add 1Channel (too unstable), Airplay (I wont use it as I have an AppleTV, but easy enough to install from TSPanel) or the OLED Picons.

It also contains the latest multi sat channel list (my own custom version, built upon the Likra Sat list).

I've then created a backup using NFI incase I ever need to flash back to the 100% working image & plugins :)

I can upload a copy if anyone requires one that is fully working with the above ?

Thanks again guys

Chris

I've now used the gstroom daily OpenPLi image from today & made the below modifications:

Picons added for 1W, 13E, 19E & 28.2E
Simple HD Skin
Second Info bar (allows you to see server info, ECM, hops etc with 2 presses of the OK button)
CrossEPG (all set-up & working to use OpenTV listings)
Coolman EPG (all set-up to display like the pic a few posts above)
ET-Livestream (allows streaming plugins to be used)
TS Panel (latest 6.9 version)
IceFilms (all working)
BBC iPlayer (all working)
ITV Player (all working)
CCcam
NFI imagetools (to save your own backup images)

I've not bothered to add 1Channel (too unstable), Airplay (I wont use it as I have an AppleTV, but easy enough to install from TSPanel) or the OLED Picons.

It also contains the latest multi sat channel list (my own custom version, built upon the Likra Sat list).

I've then created a backup using NFI incase I ever need to flash back to the 100% working image & plugins :)

I can upload a copy if anyone requires one that is fully working with the above ?

Thanks again guys

Chris

Yep a good image i am running that also and has been spot on so far..happy dreambox days..All we need now is some sun.
I need a set of full picons for 28.2E but am in the dark.i am using hd reflection from plugins but has a fair few picons missing.any suggestions.?

Last edited:
Guys out of interest,what processor version are your dm800se?

I only ask because I cannot for the love of god get the virgin gjstroom image to flash properly :(

Oh and ChrisUK if doing a backup for others,dont forget to remove your "special" info first ;)

That was done before the special code was added mate lol ;)

Guys out of interest,what processor version are your dm800se?

I only ask because I cannot for the love of god get the virgin gjstroom image to flash properly :(

Oh and ChrisUK if doing a backup for others,dont forget to remove your "special" info first ;)

How can i find that out.all i know is its . 400 MHz MIPS Processor

Last edited:
mine is

front processor version 1

Back