DM800SE DreamBox UK OpenPLI Based Image

gsmtech

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like DreamBoxUK have taken up image creation and support for the new DM800SE Clones, good news for SLY UK 28.2E users.... Below is a feature list for the image. I havent posted the image just the feature list.

Looks like image support is already going quite well for the new 800SE theres new images being patched and released frequently. To be expected really, the clone factories/SIM Teams know they wont sell boxes unless image and software support is good.

- Notice the auto 28.2E bouquet and picon auto-update feature, very handy indeed no more rescans when SLY decide to move channels around to different transponders/frequencies.

DreamboxUK_v1.0_DM800SE_SIM2SE_SSL82

DreamboxUK_v1.0_DM800SE_SIM2SE_SSL82

Base: OpenPLi 2.0
Enigma: 06-07-2011
DM800SE Drivers: 15-12-2010 (Patched)

Skins:-
Magic
Magic-EHD

Cams:-
CCcam 2.2.1
Oscam 5070

Plugins/Tools:-
28.2E Bouquet Updater:- this will install the latest 28.2e bouquets available from the DreamboxUK frontend + database
28.2E Picon Updater:- this will install the latest 28.2e picons available from the DreamboxUK frontend + database
WebInterface
CCcamInfo:- plugin to check status of cccam
CrossEPG:- updated to svn305
Graphical Multi-EPG
OpenVPN

DBUK (Extensions):-
SystemTools:- various systemtools, swap manager, network, hdd, usb etc.
Cron Manager

RED BUTTON = SINGLE EPG
LONG RED BUTTON = RECORD
GREEN BUTTON = PLUGINS
LONG GREEN BUTTON = CCCAMINFO
YELLOW BUTTON = 28.2E BOUQUET UPDATER
LONG YELLOW BUTTON = TIMESHIFT
BLUE BUTTON = EXTENSIONS
LONG BLUE BUTTON = GRAPHICAL MULTI-EPG

The image MUST be installed in the flash.
DreamboxUK can not support images not installed in the flash.

Installation DM800SE Clone:-
Flash the image with web browser , DO NOT REBOOT
open up another tab and flash the ssl82, when done, reboot!!

DOWNLOAD HERE
http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/187/

Last edited by a moderator:
Theres also a version for DM800HD / PRO Clones (Non SE Models), I will test this tonight and post some feedback.

i read elsewhere about their auto updater for the sky channels. thatll make this a very popular image

gsmtech:1975650 said:
Theres also a version for DM800HD / PRO Clones (Non SE Models), I will test this tonight and post some feedback.
Can't wait, as digi states the 28.2 updater sounds good :)

I've got this image installed on my DM800HD (non SE) now. The good news is the SLY 28.2 Bouquet updater works very well, a single press of the yellow button on the remote licks ofd the bouquet updater and it auto downloads the latest SLY bouquets to yuor reciever. The auto picons updater also works fine.

A couple of niggles I noticed though, recorded files on my hard drive from previous image will not play back. I havent tested the recording yet. The bouquets downloaded to the reciever default to a certain localitu/region i.e: BBC London, ITV Granada, so if you dont live in those regions you wont get your local regional chanels as the defualts in the bouquets ... I've asked on Dreambox UK if it's possible to specify your regions in the plugin to provide the correct region BBC and ITV channels...Not sure if this can be implented easily though.

Although i've corrected my regional BBC and ITV channels in DreamboxEdit and uploaded my bouquets to the box. Ran the Bouquet updater again to see if it would overwrite the changes i've made...but good news is that it didnt, it says "No channel update needed".

Theres a new version due out on the weekend, not sure what the changes are due to be yet, other than a mention of mgcamd integration. Looks promising though for UK owners of DM800HD and SE's. Hopefully they sort out the issue with media playback thats the big issue at the minute...im thinking theyre missing an Enigma2 patch of some sort...as the DreamOEM guys dont have this issue with their OpenPLI images (gjstroom and MFaraj)..

Last edited:
Good news....the next version of this image,apparently has fixed PVR and timeshift and also implements the choice of localised regional bouquets 4 different regions to begin with but feedback has been requested for others so they can be added. Due to be released soon...

New Version is out, I tested last night briefly PVR issue is resolved now plays back previous recordings on my Internal SATA drive wth no problems. Havent test timeshift and recording yet..but im guessing it will work fine now that correct E2 patches have been applied.

Regionalised Bouquet updater works fine, CrossEPG pre-installed I tested this with Rytec UK sources, all seems to work fine.

DreamboxUK_v1.1_DM800_SIM201_SSL82

DreamboxUK_v1.1_DM800_SIM201_SSL82.nfi

Base: OpenPLi 2.0
Enigma: 20-07-2011 (Updated)
DM800 Drivers: 06-05-2011 (Patched)

Skins:-
Magic
Magic-EHD

Cams:-
CCcam 2.2.1
Oscam 5070
MGCamd 1.35a

Plugins:-
WebInterface
CCcamInfo v1.3c
CrossEPG SVN 305
OpenVPN

Extensions:-
DBUK PANEL
Graphical Multi-EPG
Softcam Manager

DBUK PANEL:-
Inadyn Manager
Device Manager
Backup Manager
File Installer
System Tools & Info
DBUK Bouquet Updater
DBUK Picon Updater
Swap Manager
CCcam Info
Cron Manager

RED BUTTON = RECORD
LONG RED BUTTON = SINGLE-EPG
GREEN BUTTON = PLUGINS
LONG GREEN BUTTON = SOFTCAM MANAGER
YELLOW BUTTON = TIMESHIFT
LONG YELLOW BUTTON = CCCAMINFO
BLUE BUTTON = EXTENSIONS
LONG BLUE BUTTON = GRAPHICAL MULTI-EPG

VIDEO ENHANCEMENT
AUTORESOLUTION
MGCAMD ADDED
CUSTOM OLED DISPLAY
SOFTCAM MANAGER NOW ALSO IN EXTENSIONS AND LONG YELLOW BUTTON
CHECK BUTTON MAPPINGS, THEY HAVE CHANGED
RECORDING PLAYBACK & TIMESHIFT FUNCTIONALITY IS BACK IN THIS VERSION.
BOUQUET UPDATER = DREAMBOXUK 28.2E (REGIONAL), MR. MISTER, VHANNIBAL, CATSEYE, CYRUS, SGT.FLIPFLOP
PICON UPDATER = DREAMBOXUK 28.2E
+MORE

any links to the downloads mate, as im gunna get 1 of these boxes in the next week or 2!

Gonna throw this on my box tonight and have a play.

Cant help but think this sort of thing aimed solely for 28.2e could start to become a problem though ??

any links to the downloads mate, as im gunna get 1 of these boxes in the next week or 2!

Which box you going to get mate, a DM800HD or a DM800SE. There are versions of this image for both boxes so if you've already got a 800HD (non SE) you can run this image on it as well.
But I agree if your in the martket for a new box, a 800SE would probablu be best bet, i've heard rumours that there is maybe a plug and play tuner available for the SE with twin tuner on it ! Havent actually seen one of these tuners though so dont know it it's true.

Best bet for download link is to google dreamboxuk, it should be the first link that comes up. You will have to register on the forum but it's free anyway.

@pwillo ... hmm maybe I dont think the bouquet or pic on updaters will be the issue, more that the image has bundled softcams which could be questionable.

hi lads can someone thats downloaded the dm800hd not 800se pls post a link for download ive tryed to join the site for download but not had a reply to my email and ive only got the one email add cheers tony

hi lads can someone thats downloaded the dm800hd not 800se pls post a link for download ive tryed to join the site for download but not had a reply to my email and ive only got the one email add cheers tony

sent you a pm m8

thank you very much darran so what is going to be the best way to put this image on as ive never done a dm800 befor has it got to the thro web brouser

Easiest way i know is the via the browser, i'm sure there is a guide this site but can't find it at mo.

Word of warning though...before you flash this image. IT DOES NOT have the secon stage loader integrated. So you MUST flash the second stage loader (SSL82) after you flash the image BEFORE rebooting the reciever otherwise you will brick the reciever and end up with "NO CA FOUND" error on the display.
This can easily be recovered by using dreamup, but better to avoid the hassle.

Gonna throw this on my box tonight and have a play.

Cant help but think this sort of thing aimed solely for 28.2e could start to become a problem though ??

absolutely not, the image is not solely aimed towards 28.2 east. at present b16mcc's front end DB does only tailor for 28.2 east but the image it self can be used on any satellite. you have to understand that this image is still in its infancy and only around a month old. coded by one guy who is learning as he goes.

Finally installed this today and i am very impressed with it when using the Magic-EHD skin. Alot more responsive than the BlackHole 1.33 i was using.

Gents,

How can I install cccam 2.1.4 on this image? The image comes with 2.2.1 ccam and their server doesn't have 2.1.4 available.

How can i manually install older version of cccam?

Gents,

How can I install cccam 2.1.4 on this image? The image comes with 2.2.1 ccam and their server doesn't have 2.1.4 available.

How can i manually install older version of cccam?

download 2.1.4 from whereever -ftp it to /tmp on the DM800
ON THE BOX:
Short press of blue button>DBUK>File installer
you have choice of installing a .ipk or.tgz

Back