[DM800SE] - Cross EPG issues

ChrisUK

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've recently got myself a DM800SE (had a DM800HD previously) & I've been setting it all up with my usual plugins etc.

I normally run CrossEPG combined with the Coolman TV Guide as my EPG, but I have been having problems with this on my new box.

I have the OpenPli 2.1 image running & each time I run CrossEPG (I've tried all of the providers - at separate intervals, not selected them all together), it runs, completes, yet my EPG doesn't contain much information.

It probably picks up less than 5% of the 28.2E channels :(

I've tried different CrossEPG versions, my HDD is definitely working OK & this is specified in the CrossEPG config (doesn't change to flash as I've read some peoples do when having a problem).

I've manually removed the epg file via FTP, tried removing the contents of the Cross EPG folder & I have also performed the fix as stated in the sticky, but nothing seems to work.

Any ideas of where I go from here ?

Thanks

Chris

look in the download section there is a DW backup image all set to go just need you cline try that (setup for london area)

Cheers for the reply mate, but I'm not looking for a new image, I like the OpenPli image & have got everything else set-up on it, just need to resolve this issue !

Chris

Post up your settings file from /etc/enimga2

Here you go mate:

config.CTVG.KeyEasy=false
config.CTVG.guideswitch=2
config.CTVG.KeySingle=false
config.CTVG.KeyInfo=false
config.CTVG.cool_left16=190
config.CTVG.KeyChannel=false
config.CTVG.channel1=true
config.CTVG.Cool3D=Standard
config.av.policy_169=scale
config.av.videorate.1080i=multi
config.av.policy_43=scale
config.av.videomode.DVI=1080i
config.av.videoport=DVI
config.misc.languageselected=false
config.misc.lastrotorposition=282
config.misc.firstrun=false
config.misc.initialchannelselection=false
config.misc.videowizardenabled=false
config.misc.startCounter=49
config.misc.epgcache_filename=/media/hdd/epg.dat
config.timezone.val=(GMT) Greenwich Mean Time : Dublin, Lisbon, London
config.Nims.0.latitude=53.490
config.Nims.0.diseqcMode=positioner
config.Nims.0.longitude=2.886
config.Nims.0.longitudeOrientation=west
config.tv.lastroot=1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "bouquets.tv" ORDER BY bouquet;1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "userbouquet.dbe83.tv" ORDER BY bouquet;
config.tv.lastservice=1:0:19:52D0:814:2:11A0000:0:0:0:
config.usage.default_path=/media/hdd/movie/
config.plugins.pts.favoriteSaveAction=savetimeshiftandrecord
config.plugins.pts.enabled=false
config.plugins.filebrowser.path_left=/tmp/
config.movielist.videodirs=['/hdd/movie/', '/media/hdd/movie/']
config.audio.volume=30

Quick question,so we can rule in or out either crossepg or coolmans,

If you just enter your channel list on your box,and not go into coolmans,does all the channels listed have epg?

No, the in built EPG has the same info as Coolman & the channel selection screen only shows the current program from a few channels as well.

No, the in built EPG has the same info as Coolman & the channel selection screen only shows the current program from a few channels as well.

Hmm thats fecking strange m8,
havent come across that before,well at least not one that couldn't be fixed by doing at least one of the things you have already done,

The only other thing is to start fresh with a reflash m8,sorry

Anymore idea's chaps ?

OK try this,it probably won't work but it can't do any harm :)

Telnet into the box and issue this command

init 4

This will stop enigma2 running,

Then using filezilla,or whatever your ftp program is,search for all instances of epg.dat and delete them,

When that's done issue the following in your telnet session

init 3

This will restart enigma2,

Then go into providers in Crossepg and just select opentv and tick 28.2 only,make sure no other provider is selected,come back out and then manually run crossepg downloaded,

Let's know :)

OK, performed those steps mate & also got rid of the contents of the Cross EPG folder.

OpenTV selected & once run, it pulled through less than before lol

BUT

I then tried the XEPGDB package & its pulled through 99% of the channel info now - so thanks for that :)

Is there something wrong with the OpenTV or XMLTV providers ?

Last question - it appears that the epg doesn't save itself upon reboot - which mine used to do (normally manually download every 5 days or so & the epg info was there when box was booted up each day). Is there a way to force a save of the data ?

Two other things to try,

Un-install Coolmans Guide and then try opentv provider again,
or
Install the NFI backup plugin that I put in the download section,set the working directory and do a backup,
ftp the backup on to your pc and then try a fresh flash,

OpenTv works fine here but I did hear there was a problem with rytec xmltv service

Is the epg data meant to save & be available again upon rebooting of the box ?

I'm not really bothered about OpenTV tbh, I prefer the other providers as you can watch TV as the epg data is downloading. I would prefer not having to pull it down daily though if you could assist with that ?

Fresh flash is sitting on the bottom of priorities at the min, I've only just got a load of the other plugins working after spending hours sorting them out lol. Although then again, that may sort out my permanent timeshift problem as well (keeps asking if I want to end timeshift EVERYTIME I change channel which is annoying, disabled it in the end).

Cheers Wiz

Is the epg data meant to save & be available again upon rebooting of the box ?

Yes m8 it should last for seven days

I'm not really bothered about OpenTV tbh, I prefer the other providers as you can watch TV as the epg data is downloading. I would prefer not having to pull it down daily though if you could assist with that ?

Just set a weekly download time in the configure options

Fresh flash is sitting on the bottom of priorities at the min, I've only just got a load of the other plugins working after spending hours sorting them out lol. Although then again, that may sort out my permanent timeshift problem as well (keeps asking if I want to end timeshift EVERYTIME I change channel which is annoying, disabled it in the end).

Cheers Wiz

If you do a backup you can flash it straight back on if you have the same trouble with your new flash,the backup will include everything on your box at the minute

Saved my image & reflashed it - epg data was already there even though I initialised my HDD (therefore wiping it).

Open TV download didnt wipe anything either, so assuming that works now.

Rebooted box & EPG data still in tact, so I'm happy now :)

Just re-installing my plugins & then I'm nearly there lol - have another question, but will put in another thread to avoid confusion.

Cheers mate

Saved my image & reflashed it - epg data was already there even though I initialised my HDD (therefore wiping it).

Open TV download didnt wipe anything either, so assuming that works now.

Rebooted box & EPG data still in tact, so I'm happy now :)

Just re-installing my plugins & then I'm nearly there lol - have another question, but will put in another thread to avoid confusion.

Cheers mate

So does that mean its working now m8?

It sure is mate :)

Odd channel here & there with no data (5* etc), but as good as it was previously !

Cool :)

I do notice myself every now and then the odd channel missing its epg but only the odd one,

Dont forget when you get your timeshift problem sorted to do another backup and store it somewhere safe ;)

Will do ;)

Is it possible to rearrange the plugins under the blue button to assign them to other buttons (I.e 2 x blue button presses with kick off crossepg downloader)?

Back