DM800hd purchase and setup advice.

Cheers for all tips guys!

Its here its here i shouted!!! ooooh i love getting pressies from the postman lol

Ive got no tv here but here do have a monitor with dvi on it?

can i set anything up now !? Im to excited to think straight lol haha.

Love a gadget to fiddle with.

Didnt get any instructions with it or batteries for remote though.

I would imagagine mine is a clone as the quality feels a bit poor especially the plastic of the remote

Last edited:
Cheers for all tips guys!

Its here its here i shouted!!! ooooh i love getting pressies from the postman lol

Ive got no tv here but here do have a monitor with dvi on it?

can i set anything up now !? Im to excited to think straight lol haha.

Love a gadget to fiddle with.

Didnt get any instructions with it or batteries for remote though.

I would imagagine mine is a clone as the quality feels a bit poor especially the plastic of the remote

Yes, Definitely a clone....only clones uses Sim 1/2/2.01 or Ferarri SIMS...Original Boxes have original Dream Security SIM.

An original would have cost 360 quid + as well.

I would say..dont rush into it...take your timr,make sure you know how to flash a new image (unless ur going to keep Gemini image already on the box). Make sure your new image includes the latest patched bootloader...or you will end up with a non-booting box and " CA error".

You dont need the manual...

Is it worth keeping the gemini image on?

Sorry i know im gonna end up rushing into things i always do lol, ive read loads though and im still unsure as there are many images and files!

Im already at the dreambox login page where i can flash the firmware so its lucky you said about the boot loader as no one had mentioned it

Is it worth keeping the gemini image on?

Sorry i know im gonna end up rushing into things i always do lol, ive read loads though and im still unsure as there are many images and files!

Im already at the dreambox login page where i can flash the firmware so its lucky you said about the boot loader as no one had mentioned it

Image choice is a personal kind of decision, use whatever you like the look and feel of and weigh up wether it does what you want it to do. You might like Gemini a lot of people use Gemini images.

I didnt personally like the Gemini image and moved to DreamElite which I found much better, then after Official DreamElite Team disappeared I now use Unofficial DreamElite phoenix edition.

Whats your current bootloader version ? You can probably just use the DreamElite Phoenix Edition version which already includes patched bootloader 76c for SIM2.01.

right im home now! its all plugged in and and ive got the gemini project background scree.

How does one find out there bootloader? and if there is any chance of getting it going tonight even just the fta channels would be great!

After reading and reading im still none the wiser and dont want to stuff up £200

ABoiut....

DM800
release 0510
Kernel linux 2.6.18-7.3-dm80-
fp not found
image 07.21.2010
enigma experimental
tpm sig valid
support www.i-have-a-dreambox.com

is anything it?

am i right in thinking all i need to do is enter some cccam info and off i go?

Last edited:
power off box, press and hold the on/off button and power on, you will see your bl version in screen. Your image may already have ccam installed, press blue button and the bottom lh corner of screen will show what cam is running. if you have fixed dish, set tuner as simple and to scan on 28 east for sly channels

Hi guys,
im assuming that the previous glitching/overheating/pvr issues with the clone800 has been fixed?
i been away from the scene for some time now lol.

Cheers.

power off box, press and hold the on/off button and power on, you will see your bl version in screen. Your image may already have ccam installed, press blue button and the bottom lh corner of screen will show what cam is running. if you have fixed dish, set tuner as simple and to scan on 28 east for sly channels

yes had ccam already installed.

Right really need some help now. Got some one to give me a cline. Ive installed the uk bouquet. sat is tuner settings is set to astra 2a/2b/2d/eurobird1 28.2e which ive been told is the right one how ever im still getting nothing
change channel and i get

service unavailable check tuner config?!

Could it be something to do with the newer tuner these ones use?

Im not getting FTA either

ps im a communal sky+ system could that make any difference although when scanning it did pick up channels?

and tuner a is set to alps bsbe2 dvb s2?

anyone help me out now as my online helper has now gone offline lol as maybe he was gettinga head ache!

Just started a auto scan again and i notice it says 3a/3b 23.5e dvb-s qpsk 12635v/6666/auto and its 5% thourgh and got 13 services? how can it be 23.53e?

Last edited:
what are your signal levels?
were you able to view the FTA channels that you originally scanned?

im just going to it finish the auto scan again and see if i get anything!

now the scan shows astra 1h/1kr/1l/1m 19.2e
dvb-s qpsk 12699v/222000/5/6??

now 21.6e
dvb-s qpsk 12521h/2222/3/4

now eutelsat w6 21.6e dvbs qpsk 12536h??

edit 97% done 54 services found

Last edited:
im getting when changing channel to anyting on 28.2 e i get service unavailable check tuner configuration?

whats your snr like mate, with it being a communal dish it may be abit low, best to check!

im getting 0% on this box but on my sky+ box i had 1 bar from full on both feeds.

cleared all channels and now doing another scan just on 28.2 e now its found bravo.....bravo +1 etc itv2 hd disney xd hd???

Maybe after this ill try another cline if i may!!??

I dont have enough hair for this

im getting 0% on this box but on my sky+ box i had 1 bar from full on both feeds.

cleared all channels and now doing another scan just on 28.2 e now its found bravo.....bravo +1 etc itv2 hd disney xd hd???

Maybe after this ill try another cline if i may!!??

I dont have enough hair for this
its not down to your c line which channels the sat will scan for, it should be finding all the channels, the c line is only to clear the encrypted channels! your snr should be at least 80% for the dreambox to work, check your connections mate!

i have and there fine! arghhh..........surely if the box scans and picks up channels then its ok ?>if the snr was that low it wouldnt pick the channels up?

i have and there fine! arghhh..........surely if the box scans and picks up channels then its ok ?>if the snr was that low it wouldnt pick the channels up?
its not picking them all up though is it so it would appear its low to me, i dont know how to check on an 800 but on a 500s you press the blue button, then satelites and transponders then satfind and it shows your snr, agc and ber for that satelite!

right so what would come on screen if i was getting channels but they were not being decoded properly?

well the best thing to do is try and get bbc1 or 2 working 1st to make sure the fta is working, then go from there!

Back