DM800HD New Rev M Clone Tuners

you can buy modded dm-800hd tuners off ebay l3 ones that work

My Rev M Tuner arrived couple of weeks ago..Damaged in post though...Big Cap on the from topright had corner is snapped off, and the leg is broken so can solder it back on ! So I either got to send it back to China for replacment or go Maplins and get an equivalent Cap to solder back on..

Maplins route will be cheaper and quicker I think.

I've risked it with untracked to China before..thats cheap couple of quid for a tuner, 5 pound for a motherbopard. If your sending back airmail recorded depends on weight and size probably a tenner.

I will need to check on royal mail website

Attempted a repair job on the broken cap on my Rev M tuner today..,.Maplins dont stock them...these are apparenty " high quality Aluminium Solid 330 UF 16v electrolytic caps". I can source them from the Farnell, rapid electronics etc..,,minimum order of 10 though..Ebay has them as well but they come from China...too long a wait time.

So I soldered a small piece of wire to the broken legs of the cap I had and re-soldered it to the tuner board...this is a SMD cap..so a bit of a bugger to solder the pads are almost under the cap.

Anyway got it soldered to the tuner, installed it...and definite improvement over L3 tuners.

Now my dish install is not perfect needs a tweak..i've always had issues with a certain transponder.

Channels that I couldnt watch before without a inline booster are now perfect...Discovery HD, National Geographic HD, Disney Cine HD all fine. Infact all HD channels are OK.. EXCEPT Sky News HD and Sky Arts 1 HD..SNR on these 2 is really low 36% hence HD break up not watchable.

I will take my reciever to a friends when I get a chance and test on his setup to verify if this is a alignment issue on my dish or the tuner (both problem channels are on the same reciever).

Anyone else with a Rev M tuner want to post some feedback..im thinking on a properly alligned dish...this rev of tuner may have finally sorted the HD glitch issue..

well i have the rev m tuner in the pro mate and i get no glitching at all on any hd channels, some say 100% signal, some are in 90's, but all are glitch free!

Back