dm800hd driving me nuts

wizbit77

Inactive User
Reaction score
My friend got a dm800hd clone off the internet the other day and I mistakenly said I would set it up for him. Done them in the past no problem.
but that's just it it is a flipping (insert swear word of your choice) problem.
Came pre- installed with gemini project II image. Which is not my choice but it works and it's not for me anyway so what do I care if I don't really like the image.
Set up cccam and the like and thought that this would be smooth.
Did a scan and it only picks up about 485 channels. No s*y sports movies etc. Where are they??
Thought perhaps it's an outdated satellites.xml file. Downloaded new, rescan still no joy.
So I thought maybe I'll try a new image, only this doesn't work cause the thing tells me that every image that I try is outdated or just not bloody right. Even though I am dreamupping them on with the patched dream up. and they are clone safe images by the way
So I'm stuck at 1 in the morning trying not to pull any hair out of my rapidly balding skull thinking to myself what small step have I missed.
Any one with any ideas or help most appreciated.
I do get a lot of channels downloaded. Just not the ones that you really want
think it is running on the sim2.0.1 it has the little gold hologram sticker on the bottom of the dreambox.
Cheers for any help, gonna go and hit the hay and have another go tomorrow.
Wizbit77

Last edited:
As Abu says update bootloader first then reboot,then flash new image :)

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

Not updated the bootloader.
Will try that tonight.
Not done that before with dm800 can it be done with the usb like the vu+ or do I stop the load with the standby button and do it via the lan connection.
And if anyone has five mins would appreciate the location of the latest bootloader.

You update the bootloader just like a normal flash update, start box holding power button, then flash via your browser, don't forget to reboot after flashing the loader.

I thought the 84B boot loader was in the download section and posted a link to the section. It isn't, hence edit.

Attached is a boot loader which I have just used to upgrade a Sim 2.01 from version 76 to 84b. I had to use I.E, dreamup stalls at checksums and no joy using FF. Use at your own risk. If someone else is successful with it, we shall see about putting it into the the download section.

Attachments

• sim201_ssl84b.rar
    335.7 KB · Views: 9
update,
the bootloader does work so would be worthwhile getting it in the downloads section in my opinion.
Running the doods copy of pli from the downloads section and doing a scan now.
Let you know how that turns out.
Wiz

update,
the bootloader does work so would be worthwhile getting it in the downloads section in my opinion.
Running the doods copy of pli from the downloads section and doing a scan now.
Let you know how that turns out.
Wiz
Stick rats updater on it m8 and run that from the plugins
saves the hassle of scanning you just need to set up the tuner

Red dwarf just started so I'm gonna watch that for half an hour.
This box ruined my night last night so I'm not gonna spend all night on it again tonight.
see you in half an hour

Ianb downloaded rats updater, now where do I stick it?
Cheers
have done a google search and ftp 'd it to the tmp section on the dreambox.
telnetted in and tried to install but it isn't doing anything. Is this how everybody else is doing it.
Cheers

Last edited:
hi pal why dont you just download it on the ts panel

Ftp rats updater to /tmp the press green then yellow buttons and go to manual install addon del or ipk packages which ever it is
once its installed it should be in the green button menu or in the main menu, plugins option

Thanks, had a bit of a play and found it for myself after the telnet wasn't working for me.
Still not getting any of the sky channels when I scan though, can't see what I could be doing wrong. Thought it might of been the image but obviously not.
Any ideas anyong

People use Rat's updater so that they do not have to scan and then organise them. He does a great job for the benefit of single sat users.

There is no need to scan, just run the plugin. It will download the latest channel settings for you. You can then mess around with tweaking to your preference.

First time I have used the updater, had previously just downloaded them and dream edited them to my box.
Will be installing the updater on my box when I put it back.
Rat is a top man and a big contributor to the forum.
As before though I am still not getting the channels. It just says tune failed I have tried it on three different sats so am at a loss.
Gonna dust off my old dm600c and put the s tuner that I got for it about 2 years ago in and then go through it all with that and see what results I get.
I get the feeling that there is something "funny" going on with this box.
Will let you know how I get on.
Cheers
wizbit77

Was it a new box ?
I havn't owned a dm800hd but I know some of the older ones had dodgy tuners.
I think there was a booster box but you will need to go through older threads or maybe someone with more knowledge of this can help out.

Was supposed to be a new box but who knows could have been old stock in the warehouse.
Bricked my vu+ duo by trying to upgrade firmware with out upgrading the bootloader.
So resurecting my old dm600c which i bought the sat tuner for about two years ago but just never got round to putting together.
Anyway, I think that it must be something to do with the box cause everything is working and I've done everything I can think of.
Still find out in the next few hours.
Cheers for helping everyone.
Will put an update on this thread when I have got somewhere :)

Back