DM8000 clone?

Mark_The_Yid

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering to myself if the DM8000 clone is worth a punt. Has anyone got one that can state how reliable they are and how they perform?

Please dont leave any why get a clone when you can get a vu+ duo responses :)

I've had one and was looking for something new to play with. Was looking forward to the ultimo until I found out the cost :(

I'd hold of on a clone DM8000 at the moment, think DM may well be upto something. Many user have had driver problems with there DM8000 originals, freezing etc. DM sent out an update for us DM8000 users but alot of people are saying it may well have something to do with attacking clones. Theres a thread on satpimps about this.

Would hate to see anyone buy a clone and get it bricked it DM attack them again. My DM8000 has been worth every penny though. Get an original mate.

COYS :banana:

I refuse to pay to £600 for the VU+ ultimo m8 so there's no chance of me parting with £850 lol. Cheers for advice tho

I was getting rather tempted by a DM8000 clone when I seen the prices...just under 370 delivered from China. Very close to the price of a VU DUO, but the 8000 is a superior reciever..

Decided to hold off for now and do some research though I dont know much about the 8000 clones. Theres definielty an anti clone thing going on with DM not only with DM8000 drivers, also with DM800HD clones, this is why there is no newer patched bootloaders for cloned 800HD which supports the new official Dream drivers, security has been increased as a direct attack on clones.

Hence we have to rely on patched images and an older versions of patched drivers.

I was getting rather tempted by a DM8000 clone when I seen the prices...just under 370 delivered from China. Very close to the price of a VU DUO, but the 8000 is a superior reciever..

Decided to hold off for now and do some research though I dont know much about the 8000 clones. Theres definielty an anti clone thing going on with DM not only with DM8000 drivers, also with DM800HD clones, this is why there is no newer patched bootloaders for cloned 800HD which supports the new official Dream drivers, security has been increased as a direct attack on clones.

Hence we have to rely on patched images and an older versions of patched drivers.

What Bootloader You running dude and which sim have you got

i just got a new dm800hd pro clone as a temp fix for my technomate 800hd which has now been sitting gathering dust lol and i can run the latest drivers for may they are patched for BL82

What Bootloader You running dude and which sim have you got

i just got a new dm800hd pro clone as a temp fix for my technomate 800hd which has now been sitting gathering dust lol and i can run the latest drivers for may they are patched for BL82

Same as you, DM800 HD PRO, with SIM 2.01 SSL 82 , with RamiMaher/MFaraj patched drivers and DreamElite BH Phenix Edition 2, was previously running OpenPLI with the same SSL 82 and patched drivers.

The Patched drivers are not the latest official Dream drivers, they are some older ones from May that have been patched. I dont seem to be having any issues so not really bothered about having the latest official drivers etc..

If the latest bootloader had been fully hacked you would be able to use the latest official dream drivers and images without any patching neccesary..

Suppose no real issues either although i have noticed my technomate seems to give a better HD picture which is a shame as the images need a lot of work to fix media etc

Back