dm800 test image (clones only)

I told him that and he said "No it wont will just give CA Error"

he seems to know whats he's doing :err:

:(

you did tell him to make a backup of the image didn't ya? ;)

I told him that and he said "No it wont will just give CA Error"

he seems to know whats he's doing :err:

:(

Thats what I meant m8 lol

I only call it that because it hasnt happened to me yet :)

Mind you John I did finally get the crossepg internal flash error today,but a simple reboot and it was solved ;)

OK guys, box hasn't rebooted and is running fine, 8=) or it has been for the past 30 minutes........... would you like me to just leave it running for a bit longer with out doing any thing apart from watching some FTA and trying to stay awake..lol (i guess that's a yes as process of elimination and no point me doing 100 things to it at once as if there is a problem then we'll never suss it...)

Cheers for your ears...

Crossepg is a strange one Dave
A reboot will solve it but you check in a day or 2 and it will be back to internal :err:

I used v6 for a while but the epg.dat seemed to save to hdd rather than USB to what it was set too lol
I've gone back to 6.2 and for 2 days it's been ok
Fingers crossed lol

Wayne maybe add your plugins 1 by 1 over time to see if any cause issues

Sent from my iPhone

Crossepg is a strange one Dave
A reboot will solve it but you check in a day or 2 and it will be back to internal :err:

I used v6 for a while but the epg.dat seemed to save to hdd rather than USB to what it was set too lol
I've gone back to 6.2 and for 2 days it's been ok
Fingers crossed lol

Wayne maybe add your plugins 1 by 1 over time to see if any cause issues

Sent from my iPhone

But unfortunately this is the only image it's ever happened on :(

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

no worries, ok it's been running fine for about an a hour and all stable, recording working, I'll put crossEPG on and then give that an hour or so after I've installed, or if the sleepers have kicked in it might be tomorrow if I flake out....lol

Was going to ask Spectre where I was today but already told you all I was in mancs.

Ha,! not the average car you see for sale though I admit...the ones in MY local garages are all fords, or Vauxhalls...lol

17012012162.jpg

I dunno mate
But as you have read many have had it on dbuk images too

Maybe it's a bug in pli source ?

Sent from my iPhone

isn't crossepg included in the image ?
Or do you mean coolepg ?
My epg is always on the usb never had it change yet., wiz do you use rytec or opentv ?

Or do you mean coolepg ?
My epg is always on the usb never had it change yet., wiz do you use rytec or opentv ?

I use opentv but I'm wondering if it's actually a mounting issue and not crossepg at all,

I did notice when this happened my USB stick was not available when trying to access it

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Or do you mean coolepg ?

yes mate, sorry my bad what I meant that is that I was going to set it up and load the channels etc, right all working and going good, I have to crash i'm shattered, I have left colasoft ping tool pinging the box so i'll be able to leave it running and then I'll see tomorrow how many dropped packets and if the system has rebooted during the night.

beds.....calling........

still running OK Wayne ?

yeah left it running all day and all night seems fine, the only thing that I noticed is that I get some packet loss, I had 45 dropped packets all day, If I ping it 192.168.1.4 -t and leave that running then I do get the odd "ping time-out" not sure if this has any thing to do with the image or the box.

coalsoft ping tool tracked all the losses and the drop outs and time outs today for me.

I've never really looked into the "packet loss" on the dreambox that much so I have no level playing ground to work from, it might be the way they work, how ever (to cut a long story short, yes, all working still on FTA) noticed that if I run an FTP program then it drops the connection (which is at the same time the ping drops) packet loss and dropped pings are not good though no matter what it is that's connected......but some times the FTP program just stops and closes as though you'd shut it down or pulled the network cable out the dream.

I've tried passive mode on the FTP software switched on and off, how ever I might be barking up the wrong tree or leading you on a wild goose chase with the packet loss scenario, I guess I can only try and put the "cline" on and if it stops and the box halts, then maybe I can flash the old image back to it and then try the ping and the packet loss to see if it's the same, I'm just wondering on FTA that it doesn't connect to the net using the network interface so when I had the cline on any problem with the network interface and the like might be the reason that it was stopping.....so dropped packet and box hang? like it's halting when it drops the connection?

If I had of fixed this darn xbox then I could have spent some more time on the dreambox, it's all working still though, So. Cline next I guess?

Last edited:
dang it, just froze on FTA so haven't even got the cline input, haven't installed any thing, so just the bare bones really......image...Only thing i have done now I come to think of it is installed a USB key, i'll remove it and reboot and then leave cola soft ping tool running, I'll report back.

EDIT: right it's defo some thing to do with the USB stick, (it's hung twice since I have it attached to the machine) so removed and will leave it running again for another 30 - 60 minutes.

Double Edit

Right northing to do with a USB stick then as box froze again with nothing attached......hmmmmmmmmm

Last edited:
Hi guys, I couldn't stop the random reboots and the time outs etc. box hanging, Had to stick me old image back on, John how did that guy get on that you sent it too, that oily guy? Give me a shout if you think of any thing and you want me to put this back on and have another go. :cool:

he kept getting Old Image even when installing new SSL
he was on farrari sim though so maybe dont work with that

Ah, I see, I tried all sorts last night though, removed everything etc. USB/HDD. The lot, bare machine and I just can't put my finger on it mate?

Without more testers there is not a lot I can do, unless I revert to 84a and use older tuner drivers.
pli stopped using the new drivers because they gave problems but 84b only uses the new drivers.

it's just a shame that I can't get a crashlog or some thing from it, it's just random, and I can't narrow it down to an install or hardware or any thing.....I dunno Richard mate, I'll try what ever you think though as don't mind like.

Back