dm800 test image (clones only)

ellie1998

Inactive User
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
i'll give this a go tomorrow night Richard mate, and report back as soon as I can. Nice one.

Hi team, just in and going to give this a go for you now, I'm on SSL 84A, So upgrade the SSL to 84B, reboot, then make a backup up of the current image and then download and Install DW's? sounds easy, I'll get on it now.....

Cheers Wayne :)
seems to be a few waiting for 800HD version so really hope its as good as 800SE
:thumbsup:

No problem at all, Glad I can help, just put the new SSL84B on and waiting for the back up then it's going on, I'll report back with findings etc. Any thing you want me to check out once the image is on in particular?

I think stability is the most important tbh mate
but I try lots of things
I test media files
recording/timers
install various plugins for compatibility
various skins
tbh whatever I can think of I test lol
or if I have ideas that may make it easier for end user put ideas forward

:)

No worries, OK I have it installed, and I'll have a play with it, one thing I've noticed, not that I want to be pedantic, on the 2nd boot screen, I get a "glitch" along the top of the screen, it's only 2 or 3 lines, but always a worry when you see it, how ever that's not important, noticed that under network settings when you add a static IP address you can click to activate but there's no "save" option and when you try and quit out it does save them just asks you if you really want to leave the page with out saving...I can't get the Addons to work via TSpanel, i just get Addons download Failure, No Internet connection or server down.

All up and running.....

I'm loving the skin that it has though, the yellow and the black is really, really nice, it's a fresh new look to the old dream box!

I'll go have a play with EPG and mounts and HDD/USB's etc....

Looking great though!

Wayne

EDIT.

Managed to get plugins to download, box has froze, I'll give it a reboot.....brb

well, I spoze thats a good start ;)
lol

No worries, OK I have it installed, and I'll have a play with it, one thing I've noticed, not that I want to be pedantic, on the 2nd boot screen, I get a "glitch" along the top of the screen, it's only 2 or 3 lines, but always a worry when you see it, how ever that's not important, noticed that under network settings when you add a static IP address you can click to activate but there's no "save" option and when you try and quit out it does save them just asks you if you really want to leave the page with out saving...I can't get the Addons to work via TSpanel, i just get Addons download Failure, No Internet connection or server down.

All up and running.....

I'm loving the skin that it has though, the yellow and the black is really, really nice, it's a fresh new look to the old dream box!

I'll go have a play with EPG and mounts and HDD/USB's etc....

Looking great though!

Wayne

EDIT.

Managed to get plugins to download, box has froze, I'll give it a reboot.....brb

I get that glitch on all the images I have tried so far so dont worry about it :)
Sometimes the addons on TS Panel go down so that could be the reason for the failed downloads,
as for network settings you just press the ok button to save the settings,it should give you a pop-up box about activating new settings,

I think lol

Dave.

defo! lol...

ok time shift works, but recording doesn't, it just hangs.

When you go to radio, you get a black screen and nothing displayed. Playback works fine with recorded programs that are already on the HDD, Box just froze again but hey that's what testing is all about and as much feedback for you guys you can eat? lol!

Thanks loving the skin and the look to it like, really pleasing on the eyes.

Wayne

defo! lol...

ok time shift works, but recording doesn't, it just hangs.

When you go to radio, you get a black screen and nothing displayed. Playback works fine with recorded programs that are already on the HDD, Box just froze again but hey that's what testing is all about and as much feedback for you guys you can eat? lol!

Thanks loving the skin and the look to it like, really pleasing on the eyes.

Wayne

Have you setup default recording paths?

OK all working as for as I can see, woot woot! recordings and that all working, and EPG, @ Wizz, yeah the paths were correct mate. Just rebooted and all is fine and dandy.

Only thing I can't find is the blue button extras, you know when you could press the blue button and it would come up with all the extra settings and that so you could get to all the other settings, but then again it might not be available on the PLI base image that it's on?

Other than that it's LOVELY guys! love it, the colours and the image are nice and pleasing to the eyes.

Can't find the crash log any where Richard mate?

Thanks Wayne.

amazing what reboot can do :)

glad its all good :)

I know, I'm always the one to say that 1st to people, lol, All looking really, REALLY good at the minute like.......BRILLIANT!

Do you know how you can get to the other settings, you know where you'd see the ECM's and then mount points etc. ?

Cheers like, all good this end so far.

(EDIT that, just froze again...lol...sorry about that, let me have some more play time with it)

Last edited:
Do you know how you can get to the other settings, you know where you'd see the ECM's and then mount points etc. ?

This image does not have them added,they are only in other images because they are added at compile level or else added after as a plugin :)

ah, Thanks man, they come in handy for us moodders for messing on and mounts and the like, how ever, box just keeps freezing, Can't seem to find the crash log so can't put my finger on it and why it's doing it mate? any ideas?

I think the box only creates crashlogs when it green screens and not just on a freeze m8,but they are usually in media/hdd

ah yeah, dang it, was all going well as well, can't stop it from freezing, and then I can't do any thing with the machine,.....not really sure what you'd like me to look or try? audio is still going but just this once if that helps?

Off to manchester in the morning so might not be able to have a lot of play time with it tonight. 5 AM start for me!

Back