dm800 test image (clones only)

<snip>

Do you know how you can get to the other settings, you know where you'd see the ECM's and then mount points etc. ?

Cheers like, all good this end so far.

(EDIT that, just froze again...lol...sorry about that, let me have some more play time with it)
they are in tspanel seemed pointless to add what tspanel have already done a bit like reinventing the wheel.
is it freezing on all channels ?, are you using the cam that came with it ?

yeah but for us pro modders, lol, i liked them for mounting and the like, box freezes after about 10 minutes, and then the picture hangs, sounds running, then if I leave it long enough Richard the box resets, yeah using everything that came with the image, just put Johns channels and bouquets on and that's about it mate.

Just a stupid thought but is 84b compatible with the DM800 sim201?

I'm not sure, your the pro's! i loaded it onto the black hole image that was one before loading DW, how ever I never gave it a chance so not sure if the SSL84B worked fine on the image before that....

Nah seems to be a lot of patched images for sim201 using ssl84b,just need to be using the latest drivers which I'm sure are in this test image hmm

Tomorrow when I get home I'll strip it down and remove the HDD and then try it just as it's bare bones just in case, you never know, cheers

woul;d it be worth asking 1 or 2 guys who showed an interest in the SE thread is they might wanna test too ?

up to you I guess John, just trying the USB stick in the upper slot, some one posted that they were having problems with it in the lower back slot, so I'll give it a whirl, then I must hit the hay! time flies don't it!

are you using mgcamd m8?

if so, edit mg_cfg so that logging is off

no mate, not using that cam. the other one, actually all l done was copied over my cline, i've never installed one or downloaded one as the image has it built in.

the problem you get I get with a prototype box here (not a dmbox) but I get it after a few days if I don't reboot it, by the problem I mean screwed up picture and running sound, I had put it down to a memory leak on the prototype but i'm going to try taking the multibutton off and see if it's that causing the problem, do you have any other addons, plugins, skins ?

Maybe able to sort the prototype box problem at the same time as yours if we can find what your adding to make it go squiffy. Do you get this problem if all you add is bouquet list and c-line and nothing else ?.

Last edited:
Trying to convince her indoors that we need a DM500HD clone :)

I presume we can compile a dw image for this if it happens?

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

just need a tester for an image :).
Don't know anything about ferrari sims though needs to be sim2.01 or sim2.10 (not sure which the 500hd uses).

Right, just back from Manchester, Sale, some where in Cheshire any way, (I think), where all the footballers live, some very nice houses along this stretch of road that I was on, very posh! OK just brewing a cup of coffee and then I'll flash the image and then not do any plugins etc. apart from Cline and Johns channels and bouquets updater, then I'll leave it and see what it does, the only plug-ins that I installed was cross EPG, I'll strip the box down so that it only has the HDD in it, No usb and then report back with the findings.....

just need a tester for an image :).
Don't know anything about ferrari sims though needs to be sim2.01 or sim2.10 (not sure which the 500hd uses).

You can get both but I wouldnt touch a ferrari :)

OK guys, just flashed the image and then formatted the HDD, removed the usb key as well before I re-flashed, then loaded Johns channels in and then the plug-in for the channel updater, run it and updated the channels, only on FTA at the moment and the box just reboots it's self after about 10 minutes..... 8-/ Doesn't hang or freeze this time, just re-boots.....

look on the HDD see if there is a crash log Wayne :)

na, i can't see any crash log, it's normally just on the HDD root, nothing there, unless it's stored any where else? mmmmmmmm........

Ive sent the image to another member Oily I think his name is
he has a ferrari sim though
he knows it may not work but willing to try

so see what he comes back with :) probaly nothing coz it wont work lol

Back