dm800 test image (clones only)

I know you guys say you can compile for all these boxes and thats great :) the tough part is getting them all tested :(

I know you guys say you can compile for all these boxes and thats great :) the tough part is getting them all tested :(

John if you want to pm user Cressi I'm sure he has a dm800 and although he is a newbie here I can vouch for him as I've known him years

Would do it myself but don't have time what with the funeral etc.

Dave

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

yeah sure Dave :)
I just spoke to Richard as it goes and we was thinking of asking on the forum who would like to test it for us all :)

45 views man and not a single request? kidding me? man, each to there own and that but I'd thought we'd have a few people step forward like! has any one asked?

just logged into the DigitalWorldz Dream account to see if there was any messages, None :(

not much else ya can do but ask

I thought we'd see more interest like........disappointed. saying that does everyone have she's these days?

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9

Not news to me, always had problems getting people to test even back to the dbox2 days.

a lotof people only have one box, and thats their main thing for viewing on, if it fooks up, they then need to spend a bit of time getting it 'back' to a working state

i remember when i first looked into dreamboxes, me and the ex was still together, and for about 7 months, i couldnt clear a single channel, so every night, the sky box was back under the telly

in the end i gave up, as it was a total pain in the arse swapping the receivers all the time so she could watch her soaps and crap

but

since i got rid of her, and the receiver had more time under the telly, ive learned so much more

(not far from a true story, lol)

sent to chaser and johnny48 who both said they would test
:)

a lotof people only have one box, and thats their main thing for viewing on, if it fooks up, they then need to spend a bit of time getting it 'back' to a working state

i remember when i first looked into dreamboxes, me and the ex was still together, and for about 7 months, i couldnt clear a single channel, so every night, the sky box was back under the telly

in the end i gave up, as it was a total pain in the arse swapping the receivers all the time so she could watch her soaps and crap

but

since i got rid of her, and the receiver had more time under the telly, ive learned so much more

(not far from a true story, lol)

Quoted for true. I only have a single box so do most of my arsing around with the box early on Sunday mornings or late at night when everyone is in bed. :)

Im getting a wizz at flashing, installing plugins and pretty much having the box so everyone knows it as it was before in around 10/15 minutes now lol tbh once you get an order and know how you like it, dont take long :)

I started from scratch again this afternoon, factory reset, flashed, formatted HDD, USB and installed all my plugins
I gotta get to the bottom of the internal flash lol << thats in another thread though lol

Ha, me too John! simples, that's why I cringe some time when I see people "scanning for services etc" ha!

Any way, Only problem I had going back to another image was the HDD - would it hell mount and let me attach it, tried all sorts, Tried SSL and images and the like and had it removed and formatted attached to a PC in every way shape and form, ended up having to FTP in and remove # from one of the lines of code that was in there and then reboot.

I removed the # from the line /dev/sda1 inside the etc/fstab then initialised HDD it, Think I might have had that problem on the PLI image ages ago with a HDD not mounting, but until we get some more testers I guess we'll not know.

LOL @ Digi, isn't that so true though mate!

seems another has the freezing problem you had dibbs

Oh so it wasn't just me then, that's cool in a way as now I know it wasn't just me and therefore we can move on with it....I guess... maybe the PLI image I have no idea mate.

I think I said somewhere that its OK being able to compile for all these boxes from the same source but without having the boxes to test them on will be difficult :(

I don't mind testing so no worries there, all though a few more of course would be good....some people might pick it up and take the plunge etc. :cool:

Back