Dm800 Sunray clone hanging on every action

gasman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
As in thread title my box has started to hang, this happens mainly when switching channels. It can hang with the spinner working in the corner for a few seconds or sometimes minutes. I tried adding a swap space on the hdd thinking that there was a lack of memory but this failed.
I put on a new image today thinking that would be an end to it but although it has improved it still hangs.
Old image was pli
New image was rats dw image for dm800se
Fearing a hardware issue here but if anyone has any other thoughts..
Cheers

sounds a corrupted image

or possibly power supply they can be iffy

try reflash mate

It's happened across 2 flashes hence me wondering on hardware. This will be psu number 3 if so.
Is there a decent psu available for these clones ?

I had an issue with my dm500 recently, on updated image it would not lock onto signal. On older version it was fine. PSU was culprit. Can you not borrow one before deciding to buy?

Is LNB ok?

I am getting an estar delivered this week so hopefully the psu will match to test it.
It has been ok tonight according to the wifey so will bear with until weekend.
Lnb is ok I have four boxes running from it and I have also had it on my motorised twin with the same outcome.

12v 3amp psu

@wiz do you mean the wrong image installed thread ? If so I think ill be fine but if there are other problems then let the fun begin.

12v 3amp psu

@wiz do you mean the wrong image installed thread ? If so I think ill be fine but if there are other problems then let the fun begin.

He also couldnt get any openpli image to load,picons not working etc :)

But that could just be a hiccup ;)

There are actual images for the sim as I've read but hell if its that simple then something's probably wrong lol.

There are actual images for the sim as I've read but hell if its that simple then something's probably wrong lol.

I talking about estar sim OpenPli images :)

Be interesting to hear your opinion on the sim though,keep us informed mate please :)

Yea I like pli images and was hoping to run pli through a converter to run on the estar. We shall see once it arrives I suppose and I will keep you posted.
I have bookmarked your estar rescue post as a precaution though ;)

Yea I like pli images and was hoping to run pli through a converter to run on the estar. We shall see once it arrives I suppose and I will keep you posted.
I have bookmarked your estar rescue post as a precaution though ;)

I am just wondering is it possible to sim swap with e-star boxes? as we have done with other clones.will it run on 210 or A8P.

I am just wondering is it possible to sim swap with e-star boxes? as we have done with other clones.will it run on 210 or A8P.

As far as I know you can mate :)

openpli images should run ok

as with most

either oe1.6 or oe2.0

guess its trial & error like the rest

like all my boxes only ever use openpli or dream elite

Where do you get the sims from ? Any reliable suppliers just in case I fall out with the e-star

Not sure that there is any benefit of running openpli 3 on a 800se its a big image leaves very little space for plugins etc.
But if your getting a new sim then buying the a8p makes sense .

Not sure that there is any benefit of running openpli 3 on a 800se its a big image leaves very little space for plugins etc.
But if your getting a new sim then buying the a8p makes sense .

Thats what I thought but the guys say its actually the reverse :what:

Back