DM800 - nothing happens when I press flash

BitStream

Inactive User
Reaction score
For some reason my genuine DM800 won't flash using a browser. I have flashed it dozens of times using different images and restoring older working configurations etc but today it simply won't flash. Static IP assigned in the router as always, power down, leave 30 seconds, press power button whilst reconnecting power cable, wait for stop message. Go to browser, input IP address, Firefox shows goes to "This is the DM800 bootloader Web Interface." screen, select firmware upgrade, navigate to nfi and press "Flash!". At this point nothing happens. I have waited 20 minutes but nothing happens. I have tried different nfi files, different browsers (I.E.9 and Chrome) and even a different PC but I get the same results, nothing. Device Info page shows the DM800 and all the info is correct so it is seeing it. I don't have a PC with a serial port so using DreamUp isn't currently an option for me.

I am at a total loss why it suddenly won't flash.

I can reboot the box and it loads and works fine. It just won't flash! I haven't seen or heard of this problem before so if anybody can shed any light as to what is happening I'd be very grateful.

Try an older version of IE or Firefox, I get the same problem with Firefox 4, older versions of IE or Firefx work fine though.

is the f/w in the right format? when i first done mine i was trying to flash using dreamup (before i was shown the ip way) but the dreamup wasnt working cos the f/w was in a different format and wouldnt flash. im sorry i cant help u more m8, it was a sat installer that told me, he never went in to too much detail.

I had previously flashed it the same day using Firefox 4.1 so I know this has worked for me. I'm a little loathed to downgrading Firefox if I can avoid it. It is not out of the question though.

I have tried both original images downloaded from reputable sites and backups created using the DM800 that I have previously used. This is why I completely at a loss why it suddenly won't flash.

I bit the bullet and downgraded Firefox to an earlier version 3. It is now flashing. I can only conclude that Firefox 4.0.1 had performed a silent upgrade between me flashing the DM800 in the first instance earlier in the day and my current efforts. It has almost finished. I'll let you know how it went. Fingers crossed guys.

Eurika. The flash worked. Thanks for your help guys.

Absolutely. I just have to work out what was going on with Firefox 4.0.1, IE9 and Chrome 11.0.696.71 I suspect it has to be something external affecting the browsers. Maybe Java?

For me Firefox has never worked, as you found it just sits there and doesn't move onto the next stage where the progress bar is displayed.

So I always use IE9, never had a problem to date but I haven't re-flashed the box for a good month or so, so have no idea if IE9 still works.

hi guys i know im a bit late to the party but if you want to upgrade firefox back to the latest you can install a addon which fixes the problem called IE Tab Plus install that and when you need to flash a image or firefox is giving you jip (i have to use this for british gas pay and go top too) just right click on the page goto view page in ie tab plus and click switch the rendering engine and your done ive been using it today to try and do the Ferrari sim1 update with no luck i had one of the 1st clones when they were posted on here yet somehow it looks like ive ended up with a newer sim.

Back