Dm500s

Richie

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all
is there anyway to reset dm500s i was editing channels and the menu screen
would not go away so i pulled the power put it back in and now i am getting
nothing,Any ideas please?as if the box is stuck,remote wont do anything either cant get into menu.?????????

sounds like you need to flash it again mate, use dreamup to flash via null modem cable!

i have also heard that sometimes that happens when the power cable is on its way out, try another power lead 1st if you have 1 available, if not its a fresh install!

Not normally if it is froze.
Unplug the power and hold the silver button in on the front and put the power back in keeping hold of the silver button for a few seconds.
If the screen now shows an i.p address then you should be able to do it via your router.
If not then deffo dcc and the null modem cable.
Wizbit77

When you just reflash the image do you loose all your satalite settings and channels and c lines or will these be ok ?

Cheers

When you just reflash the image do you loose all your satalite settings and channels and c lines or will these be ok ?

Cheers

no m, you will lose the lot, always best to makr a back up of your own image when you are happy. that way if you need to reflash, use your back up and it will be, as it was.

How can i make a back up ?

Does this save all sat positions and channels then ?

Reason im thinking of doing it is because the box keeps freezing even on FTA channels also sometimes when i turn it off and on after a freeze it just freezes on the PLI Jade page str8 away.

How can i make a back up ?

Does this save all sat positions and channels then ?

Reason im thinking of doing it is because the box keeps freezing even on FTA channels also sometimes when i turn it off and on after a freeze it just freezes on the PLI Jade page str8 away.
use dreamup mate theres an option to backup once you have connected the box, and yes it backs up all settings, channel lists, c lines etc!

may give it ago to try and stop the freezing.

Failing that will have to put up with till i can get a New HD box.

Cheers

if there is a flash problem why back it up
won't you just be backing up the corrupt image
i would use dreambox edit to back up channel settings
and then just back up your CCcam.cfg via ftp
reflash and then dump both back on

if there is a flash problem why back it up
won't you just be backing up the corrupt image
i would use dreambox edit to back up channel settings
and then just back up your CCcam.cfg via ftp
reflash and then dump both back on
totally agree mate, thats the way to do it!

all i was concerned about was losing all sat settings and channels so will just try and back them up.

Cheers

cat /dev/mtd/3 > /tmp/backup.img

telnet the above command into your box

it iwll make a backup.img in tmp.

backing up your channel list is a piece of piss mate,
just use dreamboxedit and click get channel list from dreambox or something along those lines.

Back