DM500s Clone As A Server!!

how much bandwidth is needed to host say 10 clients from one 500s server?

do you use a dedicated line for it?
good question mate id also like to know that, just bought a dm500s as a client and gunna setup my old 500c as a server and just do a little setup for me and a couple of my family!

and can anyone advise me on the best image to go for for both the 500c server and the 500s clients, many thanks!:Clap:

good question mate id also like to know that, just bought a dm500s as a client and gunna setup my old 500c as a server and just do a little setup for me and a couple of my family!

and can anyone advise me on the best image to go for for both the 500c server and the 500s clients, many thanks!:Clap:

Feck all bandwidth needed in reality,don't know exact figure but basic BB will suffice no problem,

as for image I use OpenPli and have no problems :)

Feck all bandwidth needed in reality,don't know exact figure but basic BB will suffice no problem,

as for image I use OpenPli and have no problems :)
what version pli image do you use mate, iv got pli dm500 maxvar, wil this work for both client and server, and can i also use cccam fine with this, and for my server is the only cam i need cccam, and then i put the c lines and things in the config for it to share with my clients, still new to it so bare with me, lol!

what version pli image do you use mate, iv got pli dm500 maxvar, wil this work for both client and server, and can i also use cccam fine with this, and for my server is the only cam i need cccam, and then i put the c lines and things in the config for it to share with my clients, still new to it so bare with me, lol!

I am using an OpenPli daily build image from a couple of months ago,the maxvar one will work fine m8,

as regards setting up a server then you need CCcam and also a dyndns account and you need to forward a port using the dm's ip addy in your router settings,next will be flines in your cfg for your clients and matching clines for their cfg's,

on clients you just need CCcam and clines for the cfg,

have a look around the section there is plenty of tuts etc or if you want you can always pm me ok :)

I am using an OpenPli daily build image from a couple of months ago,the maxvar one will work fine m8,

as regards setting up a server then you need CCcam and also a dyndns account and you need to forward a port using the dm's ip addy in your router settings,next will be flines in your cfg for your clients and matching clines for their cfg's,

on clients you just need CCcam and clines for the cfg,

have a look around the section there is plenty of tuts etc or if you want you can always pm me ok :)
thanks mate thats great, i can set it all up ok on the hardware side, iv just ordered a 500s so should be with me in a few days, just trying to get my head round the rest, havnt really got a clue but im sure i'll get there, read loads so far but without the gear infront of me to mess about with it doesnt really do much good, at 1st my plan is to just get my 500s sharing as a client as i have someone who has given me a share to get going, but once iv done that i want to like i say set up the 500c as my server, but i'l start with the 500s 1st and make sure i can work that out 1st, all these c lines and f lines have got me puzzled,so all i really need to do at 1st is get myself connected to the share i have, if i can accomplish this then i'l try and set my 500c as the server then share to me and 2 family members!

It does get easier when you have the equipment in front of you m8 ;)

Back