DM500s Clone As A Server!!

You'll find it to be a perfect server mate, very reliable.

You'll find it to be a perfect server mate, very reliable.

Thanks mate, what's the ideal max amount of clients I can use on this?

Also I would like to use just CCcam and would that be possible with the DM500s?

Finally I understand the DM500 is not an HD receiver, but the card I use does have HD channels active so would clients with HD receivers (DM800) be able to open even thought I am using a non HD receiver?

just cccam would be ok with the box.
as for number of clients, the limiting factor will be the card before it is the box.
i'd say between 15 and 20 for white card.
depends really, just keep adding until ecms shoot up.

I currently use a DM800 (Clone) with around 20 Clients and ECM's of around 0.09-0.13 are these ok?

I am having problems with the DM800 crashing therefore need to change the receiver. The crashing has just started a few days ago until then I had no issues.

Regards

Ps. I'm not trader and all the clients are family and friends who do contribute towards the costs I guess, but no profit being made.

Ps. I'm not trader and all the clients are family and friends who do contribute towards the costs I guess, but no profit being made.

The way it should be mate. :Clap:

I wouldn't use the Dm800 as a server, the thing gets far too hot IMO and is very unstable.

Dm500 will be perfect mate, if you could maybe fine a cable version you could pick up cheap it would be ideal for a server.

I think people with a dm500C will be more than happy to hold onto them for a while yet and hope the magic through ethernet starts m8!

JohnO

I currently use a DM800 (Clone) with around 20 Clients and ECM's of around 0.09-0.13 are these ok?

I am having problems with the DM800 crashing therefore need to change the receiver. The crashing has just started a few days ago until then I had no issues.

Regards

Yeah, I get crashes from time to time. Do you use the 7 Day EPG at all, I find this can completely cock the box up. Empty out old crash logs etc as well as these can fill up the ram and cause the box to fall over as well. Other than the occasional crash mine has been too bad (he says crossing his fingers and toes lol)

JohnO

guys
is 20 the max, and that would have to be 20 active connected is that right??

or is 15 active connected the max

you can have more thn 20 m8, i would say 25-30 m8, no more, yeh they would all after be connected and running of your server, but that possibility will be very small m8

guys
is 20 the max, and that would have to be 20 active connected is that right??

or is 15 active connected the max

I have had up to 33 connected clients off one DM500S server with the highest active being 24 at the same time - all SD client boxes. Box and card have been really stable with only reported glitches being from a couple of individual client boxes which I have put doen to local internet and image problems.
This was only done as an experiment you understand and I hope to see what happens when a HD sub card is used under the same conditions with a mixed bag of SD & HD client boxes ................. again, only as an experiment for research purposes !!!!!!!! :proud:

Do you think everyone will be connected at the same time ?? probably not, so look at it that way.

how much bandwidth is needed to host say 10 clients from one 500s server?

do you use a dedicated line for it?

Back