DM500 HD Help Please

Good morning Ferret, I was hoping you would pick up the thread as I had downloaded two of your amended images and didn't want to fall flat on my face.
I had OpenPLI 4.0 500 HD SIM2 but I guess these were wrong?
Going ahead with you advice now
Thanks

The openpli image would work, but the openatv image is a much better image.

If the get a message regarding old or invalid image when you try flash youll need to update the bootloader to 84d

All done Ferret, thanks very much,one more thing do I add cccam through pluginsand where do I add lines?

Thanks again and regards

The CCcam cfg is located in usr keys.

You can find CCcam for OpenATV in the downloads section.
Thanks Ferret,I know techs get annoyed because people like me do not search enough, but I was just going back to earlier in the thread where you can install cams by plugin, in fact what I did with my TMtwin.
Once again thanks hope I'll be sorted by tomorrow.

Thanks Ferret,I know techs get annoyed because people like me do not search enough, but I was just going back to earlier in the thread where you can install cams by plugin, in fact what I did with my TMtwin.
Once again thanks hope I'll be sorted by tomorrow.

Here is the file for manual install

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/linux-emus-cams-590/389813-download-cccam-2-3-a.html

And attached is the file for softcam feed downloads but this again need to be installed.

Attachments

• softcam-feed-mipsel_1.0_all.rar
    934 bytes · Views: 6
Getting nowhere fast, if someone could help again I would be grateful.
Loaded cam ipk file, then loaded cline but no joy.
If I manually install ipk file cannot tell if it is installed
I have then gone to plugins to try to download but I get the message site not available under maintenance.
I'm convinced that the ipk file is not installing properly
I have restarted box after installation
One more go before I put it on auction site

Getting nowhere fast, if someone could help again I would be grateful.
Loaded cam ipk file, then loaded cline but no joy.
If I manually install ipk file cannot tell if it is installed
I have then gone to plugins to try to download but I get the message site not available under maintenance.
I'm convinced that the ipk file is not installing properly
I have restarted box after installation
One more go before I put it on auction site

So just reclarify what image you went with in the end.

If it was openatv

Press the blue button look for the emu/cam options and make sure your cam is started.

Hello Ferret, yes the OpenATV, works fine. But having problem with cams.
When I first ftp the ipk file I found the cam and it said activated, now I can't seem to find that option
So I reinstalled the file checked my line was in as well, but struggling to find if cams are installed correctly and/or working. Does this image have enigma? as I can't see it starting when I reboot like on my TMtwin.
Will try blue button again tonight when I get home.
Regards & Thanks

Pressed Blue Button options I get are down left side of menu:
Software Menu
Mounts
Network
AV Setup
Tuner Setup
Plugins
Hard Disk
Right Side:
Software Update
Complete Backup
Backup Settings
Restore Settings
Select Backup Files
Software Manager Setup
NO EMU/CAM OPTIONS?????

Pressed Blue Button options I get are down left side of menu:
Software Menu
Mounts
Network
AV Setup
Tuner Setup
Plugins
Hard Disk
Right Side:
Software Update
Complete Backup
Backup Settings
Restore Settings
Select Backup Files
Software Manager Setup
NO EMU/CAM OPTIONS?????

The option should be under the software menu but it may only show after cam install.

Did you install the softcam feed file correctly ? Try again maybe

Yes I will try again but it will have to be Saturday morning now, I think if I put the file in by FTP I can install it, the very first time I loaded I found a line where it said camm was active but cannot find that now.
Do you think a reset would do then a complete fresh install?
Driving me mad.
Bought a TM500 got that working straight away this has taken months
Regards & Thanks

Yes I will try again but it will have to be Saturday morning now, I think if I put the file in by FTP I can install it, the very first time I loaded I found a line where it said camm was active but cannot find that now.
Do you think a reset would do then a complete fresh install?
Driving me mad.
Bought a TM500 got that working straight away this has taken months
Regards & Thanks

Well mate if your really struggling here is an old backup of mine some of the installed plugins dont work but at least it has CCcam installed and will get you up and running quick

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/1363/

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Ferret, may well try that Saturday Morning it may save me from going all round the houses.
I now know how a dog feels chasing his tail, been struggling with this box for about 4 months on and off
Regards

Ferret one question with your backup, can I install as a file backup or will I have install as a new image?
Regards

Merry Christmas to all who have persevered, loaded the image this morning and Bingo.
The only trouble is I cannot fathom out why it wouldn't work before, so there are no lessons learnt for future reference,only the fact it might be easier (by far) to find an image with camms installed.
Thank Ferret

Merry Christmas to all who have persevered, loaded the image this morning and Bingo.
The only trouble is I cannot fathom out why it wouldn't work before, so there are no lessons learnt for future reference,only the fact it might be easier (by far) to find an image with camms installed.
Thank Ferret

Enjoy for now and then come back when you want another go mate.

You're joking, leave well alone, I've still got original image on my TMtwin
Merry Christmas

It's return of the Pink Panther?
My son has been using this box for sometime but somehow he messed up firmware it took over a week of trying various images before one would load so I have ended up with NEMESIS 2.5
ramiMAHER sim2
image releaseSVN(105r4) 23.02.2012
would like to install ccams and get working, putting .ipk files in nearly every folder but no joy
Pushing blue button
Softcams (1) DCCcamd
can I get this working with .cfg line?
Help please bit reluctant to try and flash again with ferrets image as this current image Nemesis is the firt of many trys to load

Back