DM Clones/Real boxes etc

Joe1989

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was thinking about taking out a mutiroom sub etc but though i would consider CS first. The first thing that shocked me what the cost of the dreamboxes! 859 for 8000HD! Real ones appear to be extremely expensive, unless im looking in the wrong place, i therefore started to consider clone boxes but again, am worried about the cost vs quality here.

I fancy a dream box for the images/tweaking Linux ect but the cost seams to being outweighting the intrest at the moment. What are clone dreamboxes like, are they as good as skyboxes in terms of reliability/picture quality (Perticually there PVR boxes)

Cheers

Joe.

Last edited:
the dm800hdse clone is a fantastic box thats well made and a 3rd of the price of an original. id stay away from a 8000 clone. the dm800pro although better in the latter revisions the fans are shite and run very hot and there a bit lacking in the cpu department when you load them up with all manner of plugins ect. depending on what your willing to spend the vu+uno is a fantastic box.regards mdt

What the VU+ like? Do you think the box would be able to run a Local CS server with three clients? Im looking to run three for every tv in the house Its also more in my price range!

Thanks

Joe.

Do you really need top end stuff in each room?

You could have a good receiver in the main room and basic ones in the others. Your server could even be a dm500c tucked away so that if you need to reboot a receiver, the others are not affected.

What the VU+ like? Do you think the box would be able to run a Local CS server with three clients?

my uno is doing exactly what you say running blackhole/oscam although i agree its overkill but i got rid of both my solo clones,regards mdt

What support do you get whit clone box at all , they are not dev for and what if they brake down ?

Yes, support for the clones is just as good in terms of development. as far as breakdown is concerned thats between you and the manufacturer/retailer but many on here will tell you about their success stories with clones (myself included)

As far I know E1 and E2 LT,Gemini and meny more teams are made for Orginal Dreambox and thos teams did make 2e to what it is to day and are not happy whit clone box , and I think the same I did not come part to make E2 to what it is to day for Clonebox We did start on 7025 and then on 800 and so on
I se my worke in Clone box and meny E2 box , I did not do it for Clone box if you cal that good support ???? So I ges Clone box wult not hat good Img if it whos not made for Orignal box ; I dust this clone box are easy way for them to make money , this is what I think and I know meny real Devlopers think the same

As far I know E1 and E2 LT,Gemini and meny more teams are made for Orginal Dreambox and thos teams did make 2e to what it is to day and are not happy whit clone box , and I think the same I did not come part to make E2 to what it is to day for Clonebox We did start on 7025 and then on 800 and so on
I se my worke in Clone box and meny E2 box , I did not do it for Clone box if you cal that good support ???? So I ges Clone box wult not hat good Img if it whos not made for Orignal box ; I dust this clone box are easy way for them to make money , this is what I think and I know meny real Devlopers think the same

Agreed the image quality and range of plugins, is due to the developers behind E2 codebases for original dreamboxes. Clone recievers do have their own support though through image patching and plugin creation by the likes of RamiMaher, MFaraj etc of SIM2 team.

As far as hardware support goes for the best prices you have to go direct to china sellers, which means in the event of a hardware fault you have to pay postage back to China. So expect a wait time of 3 - 4 weeks to get your warranty issues sorted.

If you buy from a UK retailer you will pay at least £50 more for the same box from the same sources, also you have to pay UK postage back to the reseller. Some UK resellers even state on their terms and conditions that they will send the item back to the manufacturer for repair and you will have to wait for a replacement (back to China)...

Last edited:
Yes it is 2 difrent world spend meny month in conding and testing for real box and is it real dev copy etid paste ? like its is don in thos team hat they realy make somthing new ???? ther one skin perhaps ? or do they realy make skins and new python that is real Dev... I my self use old 7025 its one off the fyrst ,
I also hat 800, that is also one off the fyrst box made , I like my 7025 twin tuner alot better ifent its not HD hat test most off them ifnet the 8000
I think the 7020hd box is wery good what I hat see of it , I hat not test that box , also I hat test som difrent E2 box but when I did that they whos a way behind.

Shor we use thos e2 box on so meny difrent ways , meny are ftp, telent and som more. play whit it as a toy , for my its toy I dont look svo must on TV
:Biggrin2::Biggrin2:

Back