DIY Satellite Dish Install?

mobad

Inactive User
Reaction score
So I got a satellite dish kit of amazon (mk4 dish with quad lnb).

I have a South facing house but with many trees at the back of a small 30ft garden.

I was able to get a singal from out of my centeral window on the 1st floor however I installed it right of the same window and was unable to get no signal.

Not sure if it it to do with the trees or I need to fine tune it?

I was able to get a 70% signal from holding the dish in the garden but only from the far left of the garden...

Any ideas what I need to do?

try using the dishpointer app and also get a shot of a good sat meter will help
or get the dish on the roof

When installing a dish I find it handy to have a neighbour's dish in sight so that I can roughly point in a similar direction - but yeah it would make it much easier if you had even a cheap satellite finder. It's obviously very difficult to tell how the trees are effecting things, but I'd be surprised if they were the issue if moving a few feet to the left or right produces huge differences (although I guess it is possible).

If you don't have a satellite finder handy, a trick I've used before is to point my laptop webcam towards the television with the satellite signal settings screen up, then use my phone and video-Skype my laptop - so I can see my STB's picture/signal bar react to gentle dish movements.

I managed to get it installed by changing the location of the dish to the other side of the wall to avoid some of the branches which is allowing be to get a good signal now.
What would be the best way to achieve getting arabsat for football and any other satellites that can provide movies/football?

I managed to get it installed by changing the location of the dish to the other side of the wall to avoid some of the branches which is allowing be to get a good signal now.
What would be the best way to achieve getting arabsat for football and any other satellites that can provide movies/football?

forget arabsat for football.... if you want free footy from softcam/b***/feeds then get yourself a 100cm motorised dish and a good box like the TM5402HD and inverto black ultra. you can install it yourself using the guides and getting a friend to help you . you can get the full kit of orbital 1m dish,darkmotor/tm2600, black ultra lnb,T+K,cable clips ect ect for around £280. you could get a professional in to install it for around £100 to £120 taking it to £400 all in. regards mdt

Where would you suggest I get the kit from

Also are Orbital the best dish or would you say Triax and what's the best HD Receiver with good image support.

Currently have a dm800 se hd clone which does the trick but would possibly like somwthing better with more support...

Also are Orbital the best dish or would you say Triax and what's the best HD Receiver with good image support.

Currently have a dm800 se hd clone which does the trick but would possibly like somwthing better with more support...

as far as i know its got one of the best supports out there, would also recommend u look at the vu duo and nbox 5800sx as twin tuners

the dm800hdse has plenty off support but the TM5402HD has a cracking tuner, good support and is very easy to use for feeds/keys ect and is more suited for the sat enthusiast imo. the triax td dishes are good quality but can be a bit difficult to peak due to the stupid sliding clasp arrangment. the orbital dishes are well made,easy to set up and are a decent price but if your not bothered about paying another £60 or so then go with a gibby 1m and stab 100 motor. you can of course just get a orbital 1m,tm2600 ect and use your dm800hdse. regards mdt

Back