Disabled supermarket parking

allroad

Inactive User
Reaction score
Very admirable thought of the big supermarkets ,to think of the disabled folks, and put the disabled parking as near to the door as possible, yes very admirable.

Then why the feck do they then put the basic items, like milk and bread in the most far flung corner or aisle in the whole huge 15 acre shopping area. Yes, they really do have the disabled thoughts at heart.

And another thing, while i'm on a supermarket roll.

It's also come to my attention, that in the " higher" end of the supermarket business i.e. waitrose/M&S etc, that the genuinely disabled are the people that park in the disabled parking bays.

In the lower end , i.e. asda/lidle etc, it's the fat and obese that park in the disabled bays, and not the genuine disabled peeps .

And it's the same with the Parent and Child spaces too!

So, if I take my mum to the shops, I can park in there too? ;)

They don't put an age limit on them so it should be ok! ;)

{Peter Kay joke}

....and how come, the more expensive the car, the worse the parking.

BMW and Merc drivers seem to think that those parallel white lines don't apply to them.

W*nkers!

narabdela said:

BMW and Merc drivers seem to think that those parallel white lines don't apply to them.
W*nkers!

Hey im colour blind :banana:

narabdela said:
.... BMW and Merc drivers seem to think that those parallel white lines don't apply to them.

Probably because the white lines never seem to be wide enough to take such cars !

nozzer said:
Probably because the white lines never seem to be wide enough to take such cars !

Too true m8 also bays not long enuff. This does help me though. If i forget where i park i just look for the nose on my Rover 800 Sterling. :)

One thing that really annoys me about supermarkets is the way they constantly change where things are in the store. Tesco's really bad for this. I pop in to grab a few items thinking 10 mins should do 2 hours later i walk out with only half the things i wanted. I gave up.

I do understand why they do it but stop please stop.
Every little helps.

There should be a gap between each space aswell! How else are you going to get your trolley past without scraping all the cars! And there's always someone willing to slam their door off yours!

and half the cars parked in disabled spaces dont have a badge on display. I thought there were wardens that checked round the supermarkets for things like this. They could make a FORTUNE at my local asda!!

Exactly the same at my local asda, disabled spaces taken up by someone going to the cash machine, spaces not big enough, moving stuff around every few weeks ( even just 3 foot along the shelf in some cases ) only now they have replaced all the old shopping trolleys with nice new shiney ones with no brakes. which in itself wouldn't be too bad half the car park is on a slope, I badly scratched the side of my own car cos I had to lean the trolley against it just trying to empty the sodding thing.

Next supermarket rant.

People who drive wrong way round car park in supermarkets and then look at u as if u r wrong for driving the right way.

In highway code i seem to remember that
View attachment 15867
meant NO ENTRY. Do not drive this way. etc
Big arrows on the road mean drive this way.
If the sharp end is toward u U R GOING THE WRONG WAY.

I just realised I HATE SUPERMARKETS. lol

Wonder how do u audition for Grumpy Old Men. :proud:

Last edited:
devilfish said:

{Peter Kay joke}

LMAO :Clap:

devilfish said:

{Peter Kay joke}

arrrgh now that does get my back up i do have 3 small kids and shop at asda and i always find that u get a nice shiny 2 seater sports car parked in the parent and child places and guess what not a bloody car seat or kid in site theres a suprise :(

Don't rip my head off but I must confess on one ocassion I parked in the disabled bay but I felt so guilty I had to limp all the way around the shop in case I was being filmed so it took me twice as long anyway!! Haven't done it since, I have saved loads of time!

Trabbs said:
Don't rip my head off but I must confess on one ocassion I parked in the disabled bay but I felt so guilty I had to limp all the way around the shop in case I was being filmed so it took me twice as long anyway!! Haven't done it since, I have saved loads of time!

Next time pretend ure blind. Wear sunglasses and take ure dog. Pretend as u go round to shout instructions at ure dog. This way u save double the time. Easy parking and taking dog for walk at same time. :proud:

What really winds me up about disabled parking spaces is the amount of them, jesus christ, how many bloody disabled people are going to go to pigging asda or any other store for that matter at the same time.

skybabe said:
arrrgh now that does get my back up i do have 3 small kids and shop at asda and i always find that u get a nice shiny 2 seater sports car parked in the parent and child places and guess what not a bloody car seat or kid in site theres a suprise :(

Kids should be banned from supermarkets or at least kept on a leash and gagged !

narabdela said:

W*nkers!

thats only jealousy i always get my beemer between the lines

yossarian31 said:
thats only jealousy i always get my beemer between the lines

Good for you! :Clap: :Clap:

Lol, not jealousy m8. I manage to fit my Jag in no problem either.

:Cheers: :Cheers:

narabdela said:
Good for you! :Clap: :Clap:

Lol, not jealousy m8. I manage to fit my Jag in no problem either.

:Cheers: :Cheers:

lol good one

Back