### Digitalworldz Dream v2.0 (Enigma DM500) Feedback ###

if you read post#1 on this thread m8 its advised you dont use FWP

Thanks. I've got the dreambox connected to the internet (ie I can see the dreambox image on my laptop) but what do I do now?

this is a feedback thread m8 not a thrad to get you started :(
post in the main dreambox section and Im sure you will get the help you need :)

download a couple of tuts to help you on ur way and devilfishs help files in his siggy are a good starting point :)

hey guys, In Irelnd here. The image works a treat. Some chans werent available for a minute or two until I put it on SS! and restarted evocamd.

Im coming froma Neutrino image and all I can say is fair play to you guys. Very nice.

have been using this image now scince november time never had any probs brother has image 1.65 not as good as v2 the black looks cool and moderen only ever had the same problem as everyone else over last week not image fault its the auto update feature:Cheers:

Using for for over 1 month and man it rocks!!! every thing works awsome :)

Hey guys,

The image is great. Thanks for the fix too. Learned a lot over the last day or so... For any other newbies, It's well worth taking the time to learn a bit about how the box works and not just flashing an updated image. It'll stand you in good stead for next time something goes wrong.

Thanks again guys.. keep up the good work!

Managed to screw things up loading up new DW 2.0 image.

Copied to /tmp/dw.img on my 500c . as you do.

Did restore / flash image from DW plugin menu. ... as you do.

Image appeared to be flashing ok.

However box hung, no response from RC keys.
Powered on / off box - still no response.

Cant ping nor connect to IP.

Anything else I should do before I go down the road of Null modem cable and reflash old image ??? This I think is the only option left for me to connect.

Much obliged.

Tradman

Managed to screw things up loading up new DW 2.0 image.

Copied to /tmp/dw.img on my 500c . as you do.

Did restore / flash image from DW plugin menu. ... as you do.

Image appeared to be flashing ok.

However box hung, no response from RC keys.
Powered on / off box - still no response.

Cant ping nor connect to IP.

Anything else I should do before I go down the road of Null modem cable and reflash old image ??? This I think is the only option left for me to connect.

Much obliged.

Tradman

Yes mate, sounds familiar. I tried to flash the new image containing the AU fix, and it seemed to work, until I tried to switch on. Then nothing, no response from remote, just the power light on. Only option was to reflash with 'old' image (one that is minus the AU fix) using null modem and DreamUp and then FTP in the new Nagraroms afterwards. That worked fine. Seems to me there was a problem in the 'AU-fixed' version of the DW 2 image?

Yes mate, sounds familiar. I tried to flash the new image containing the AU fix, and it seemed to work, until I tried to switch on. Then nothing, no response from remote, just the power light on. Only option was to reflash with 'old' image (one that is minus the AU fix) using null modem and DreamUp and then FTP in the new Nagraroms afterwards. That worked fine. Seems to me there was a problem in the 'AU-fixed' version of the DW 2 image?

Thanks for that jackdog, do you know what version of DW 2 image minus the AU fix is, cant seem to find it in the downloads section. I've managed to flash with old backup image or 1.6.5 that I had ok, but I'm anxious to try out DW2.

Yep, it's the first thing in the Dreambox downloads section, Version 2 , I think, dated November 2007.

Yep, it's the first thing in the Dreambox downloads section, Version 2 , I think, dated November 2007.

Well guess what, I'm after blowing the arse out of the Dreambox, in my attempt to flash the unit with backup image from my PC, I connected the wrong power supply and boom !!! it went, too much voltage.

Am sourcing a new one from dreamboxireland.com, anyone heard of them, there a bit slow in getting back to me on an inquiry.

Unlucky mate, or as they (sometimes) say over yonder 'feck'...
Sorry, don't know any of the web-based suppliers. Personal recommendation is always best in these things.

Just setup my first 500c clone, big thanks for this image! Why do people bother with other boxes this one is cheap and does so much more than the other stb's and is so stable. Two problems I have are the channels don't stay locked after reboot (this is fine so long as the kids don't find out) and when I try to change the skin I get "Fatal error" message and the skin stays the same again this is not really a problem just I like to play.Thanks again for the image and the rom update.

does anyone know what the ftp password is i've tried username root and pw "dreambox"

ta

Norts

Digitalworldz Dream v2.0

Will the Digitalworldz Dream v2.0 work on a Dreambox 600pvr

Got a new box (quick too) from dreamboxireland.com to replace the one I blew up. Came with DW2.0 loaded but I had to load up the updated nagraroms. Works a treat and I'm really impressed with the new look and feel.

Wouldn't mind a few additional skins. There were a lot more available on 1.6.5. I'm using the Xline one at the mo.

Wonder what the preferences are out there. Did anyone to a poll ?

After having mega problems talking to my box I eventually got it with a USB to Serial adapter and null modem cable.
Managed to flash the DW2 image and have done a scan and organized the channels.
Selected SS1 and restarted evocam. Black screen. Rebooted the box and tried again and still get a black screen. I seem to have all the channel listings and the epg but no picture or sound.
Can anyone help?

Ian

Back