"@digidude can you help please?"

dubcitydude

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ok. I have got the Dreambox connected to the internet by way of the Ethernet cable and all is well. Now I am trying to update CCCAM 2.04 using the Dream Control Center. I have updated the CAM 2.04 on the box, got as far as replacing the CCcam.CONFIG in the DCC. Then I get stuck selecting the file to replace it with. Where do I find it and what is it called? Do I download it on to my laptop and select it from there? Can I flash it onto my Dreambox instead of using the DCC. When I eventually get the updated cam onto the Dream box is that it, will it allow me to view tv with out having to do any thing else or is there more?

I also note my Dreambox 7020 si is freezing/jumpimg while watching tv with thr Dragon cam inserted in the cam slot. Any ideas?

Cheers and thans for all your help m8..:proud::proud::proud::proud:

Why are you installing it manually?

Wouldn't it be much simpler to use the Blue Button - if your image supports it.

ccCam is currently at 2.09, any particular reason why you need to install 2.04?

Hi Witchy,

Yes I have the blue button and have used it. When I go to download cam in the Dreambox, the only ccam thats there is version 2.04 and some others. How do I get 2.09 on to the Dreambox. Itried to relace it using DCC as per previous posts but appear to get stuck at that point. What I dont understand is do I download 2.09 on to my laptop and then replace the cccam.config file and get it on that way or is there some otherway to get it onto my Dreambox.

Cheers,

You didn't say which image you were using but mot images have a download serverfrom which you can download cams, plugins etc via either the Blue button or the yellow button. The CCcam config is usally downloaded from the image server and is basically blank and you than have to fill all the data. You don't need the CCcam.cfg file unless you are going to set your dreambox up for card sharing.

Hi Curious,
Thanks for the info. It makes some sense to me.
When the Dreambox boots up the logo GP appears and it then gives a message " Loading Enigma". I have not changed anything since I bought it on the web except for setting up satellites ect,. My Dragon cam works fine in it and that is about it. There were various cams installed in the dreambox when I got it and using the blue button I appear to able to downlod cams/update.
Thats about all I know how to do.

Chhers m8.

ive not got much experience with cccam sorry m8, but what curious said sums up more than what i know about it, i think, but may be wrong, that the config file is in the folder var/etc and i remember something about having d lines and f lines that tell your receiver where to look for card shares, but the server you connect to also has to have details to allow you access

newcs or mgcamd i can tell you inside out, but cccam ill leave for those that know to help you out m8

good luck

Well Dgidude, Im easy and cheap. I just want to get the dreambaox to do more than it is a present. Looking in the blue panel Iappear to have the following, Newcamd-Betad6.10b and Newcamd-Cardserver 6.10b. Does your expertise extend to these?

Cheers & Thanks.

cccam.cfg goes into var/keys folder and as already said its used for shares. If you just want to use a card for yourself (in the card slot) you dont need .cfg file. If you want to clear channels with keys you also add softcam file to var/keys too, but if using the dragon instead then using cccam at same time will just get break-ups and conflict problems.

Back