@digidude can you help me please?

theblueirish

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Digidude,
I am having a nightmare trying to load an image on a 500 super.

I started today on a new receiver, loaded Gemini4.7-13-09-10-tm-500 super- TM600 update.img
(this is where it started to go wrong) I couldn't find the password so i have tried to load new images (i have tried a few).
I am able to change the password to make it blank then give it a new one using puttytel.

I have tried using network and using null modem cable, it goes through the motions as if the new image is loading, but when it reboots it always has the gemini image on it.

Any ideas what I am wrong?

Thanks in advance

Theblueirish

just remembered the thin remote that comes with it doesn't work, (i have a fat remote)

also it no longer shows the gemini project logo when booting it just goes straight to the channel.

also when updating using null modem cable it says push ok to start, when i push ok it says waiting for pc and nothing happens

Last edited:
Hi Digidude,
I have been trying to do that all day, the only difference i can see is that i have been trying with files that end .img .
in your tutorial you mention .iso

i seem to be doing everything right up till the point where the box asks me to push ok to continue, when i do this i get the error:

pc is not responding.. will retry. key[-a]

I have tried two different pc's both the same results.

really stumped on this one.

theblueirish

seems to be going now, turned the null modem cable the other way around.
ten hours fecking wasted on something so stupid:sick::sick:

seems to be going now, turned the null modem cable the other way around.
ten hours fecking wasted on something so stupid:sick::sick:

turned it round??

are you sure its a null modem lead you have m8? it should be the same no matter what way its plugged in

yeah its a null modem cable, thats what i found so stupid.

oh and i got a blue screen of death at 22% so have to try again.

on the TV, if you manually turn to the scart input,you should see ######## filling the screen as it goes, i think it takes about 20 mins

it took 2 hours 27 minutes to complete the download, it wouldn't flash the receiver because it had one byte more than it was expecting.
trying again now with different image

thought i had posted the above earlier but didn't push the submit button.

tried a different image this time and it went ok, took the same 2 hours 20 mins, only problem now is the remote isnt working, might try another image later.
I would appreciated it if you knew an image that would work with the thin remote.
Regards

Theblueirish

what image are you trying to use m8? as the only ones that wont work are images from around june 2009. there was a new one uploaded today, try that one. if you have managed to flash a UR image on, you could try flashing via miniweb, which will be a lotquicker

Back