dentists

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
right now im losing my rag with my dentist's

lets start from the beggining

right i had a bad tooth ache about jsut over a month ago... i went their and i was told i needed a root canal so this lady went ahead and started the root canal and somehow managed to get a bit of drill broken off inside my tooth but she said it was quite common and it should be ok if not theyw ill remove the tooth.... well that tooth is ok for now :(

but i have a wisdom tooth that is upsetting all the other teeth and the one above the wisdom tooth has played me up no end... it needed a small filling which she done and said she cant remove the wisdom tooth for some loss (%) of feeling in my mouth where the wisdom tooth is so close to the nerves or something ?

anyway i had no cofidence in her as i left their in more pain than i went in with :( fair play the antibiotics did clm it down and i thought it was ok ... so i changed dentists to the bloke that runs the place he done some work before and has been great, so i was happy, he done some work on about 2 more teeth that needed small fillings all went great... until i woke up that night, the tooth above the wisdom tooth was driving me mad i mean pain was unbearable i was up to 6 in the morning and had 2 hours sleep (apart from the kip after the dentist) so i went their again for an emergancy he gave me anti biotics and sent me away

now this weekend has been like somthing out of a horror book i have never felt so much pain i went up the wittington hospital they gave me some piece of papar with dental hospitals ... all closed :( :( :(

the tooth above my wisdom tooth has now swelled up inside my mouth when i talk or brush it with my toungue i have to close my eyes from the pain :(

i wanna kill my dentist as he sent me away friday and could have done somehting .. anything i dunno but i am not happy i am going down their in 45 mins 10am and i cant talk for long perioids but he will get the message.

before you ask i have been taking amoxcillin (250mg) but i was told by my local chemist if it is not workin take 2 so its 500mg.

but i have also been taking cuprofein pain killers (400mg) but again it says take 1 three times i day, i take 2 at a go and maybe 4 times a day as i cant bear the pain even with the pain killers :(

i would not wish this pain on anyone and i ahve paid them over 500 quid in the last month and god knows how much when my crown gets fitted :(.... im very annoyed and wondering if i can do anything ?

with all that drugs u taking... well, by now you are probably doped totally! :)

I can offer u no suggestions but sympathy for your pain.

@broken drill bit in your gums. Yes, that is common thing and should not infect anything. But I suggest you get a written thingie from them saying that the drill bit is inside tooth. Can be useful when its starts infecting and you need to have it removed for free. Also, keep copy of the x-rays's showing the drill bit in the gums.

sounds as if it may be a Apses m8 very nasty if it is i had one about 8 years ago the whole of one side of my face swollen. the pain from that was terrible and the worst thing was that if the tooth has a apses the dentist can not work on it you have to go back on the antibiotics for 5 days i know what its like you would do anything or pay anthing just to get rid of the pain but your helpless to do anything . i don't know if you would have any come backs on the dentist but i doubt it and yes the broken drill thing must be quite common as i also had that as well

wisdom teeth worse feckers to pull out dentist neaerly broke my jaw snapped one of mine in two the nurse ran out the room the noise was summit else hate feckin dentists :mad:
licensed to rob wearing a mask shower of DICK Turpins dental hospitals no better got seven jags os a student and she still never hit the nerve had to go get consultant. :mad:

@ rabp yes the are fookers!

@ damage you was also spot on it is an absys.... but he did work on it he took out the nerve in my touth with no injection lol.. he said it may hurt a little lmao it fooking hurt alright but he got the nerve out and so far so good.

but thats another root canal and crown, its costing me crazy money now gonna have to put some on the credit card :(

anyway as i said so far so good but im not counting any chickens...

Anebesol will take the pain away for a while Mickie. I had something like this a few months ago. I was told I would need a root canal, went through a whole 10 days of visiting emergency dentists and sleepless night. Finally I got into a dentist who took some X-rays and said she would need to do a root canal. She drilled the existing filling out and found it was not as bad as first thought. So she re-filled it and low and behold 2 days later pain free.

If you can't find Anebesol, don't confuse it with Anusol :)

Try whiskey, take a swig and tip your head so it touches the tooth. If it don't numb it you'll soon be pissed and forget about the pain!! ;)

I thought there was a max amount they could charge you for work carried out ? But don't know if that helps as your getting it done in drips and drabs... :(

Are they stinging you with atrips to the hygenist yet, never had a filling for a few years myself (hate em) but now I have to see this hygenist person as well and the dentist, just to be told yeap ok, but they click and extra 11 squid for that :(

Robben basses

My Wisdom teeth were out @ 10:00am and i was at a hockey game by 7:00pm....Great dentist!!!

Mickie D said:
but i have a wisdom tooth that is upsetting all the other teeth and the one above the wisdom tooth has played me up no end... it needed a small filling which she done and said she cant remove the wisdom tooth for some loss (%) of feeling in my mouth where the wisdom tooth is so close to the nerves or something ?

I have the exact same problem about once every couple of months mine play up, but as they are not fully grown they cannot take them out.....This is because they may damage the nerve that runs along the base of the gums and works your lips. Id they damage that nerve you may have a droopy lip....:(
and dribble everywhere:(:(

When I feel it coming on, a whack a blob of Anbesol Liquid on it then a blob of Bonjela before I go to bed at night at 9 times out of ten it sorts it:)

Back