is this a good deal?

Lost75

Inactive User
Reaction score
Technomate 97cm Motorised Dish Pack (solid or mesh) everything you need Very Hig

1 x Technomate 97cm Steel Satellite Dish (Excellent performance)

1 x Technomate 0.2dB Single LNB (Excellent performance - Tests as good as most 0.1dB)

1 x Technomate TM-2300 DiSEqC / USALS Motor with metal plate

1 x Heavy Duty Wall Mount (type will vary depending on stock)

4 x SAC 'Ankor' Bolts and plugs

for £99

Looking to get my first moterized dish and wondering if this is any good

id go for the technomate 97cm over the triax 88cm, as the dish is bigger and £20 cheaper

with a dish, you want as big as you can get away with, and while the triax dishes ARE a really good bit of kit (as an installer i fit a lot of triax 1.1M dishes), for everyday use on the common satellites available, 'generic' dishes like those branded as technomate, would be just as good as a slightly smaller higher quality dish like a triax one

if you was going to go for a triax, then spend a few quid more, and go the whole hog and get a 1.1M one, as it is then worth the extra expense, but to go for a smaller dish and pay 20% more (in my opinion) is a total waste of money for what youd get out of it

I think its to do with the concave of the dish that Triax are slightly better, I could be wrong but I'm sure thats what Ive read

I have the Technomate 97CM dish and tbh it serves well :)

I do agree with Digi and go larger if possible, I think you can go upto 1M without planning, just in case you have dodgy neighbours lol

Its mostly a matter of opinion, i replaced my Gibertini 1.25 with a TD110 and found no difference, I fit Triax 99% of any installs I do. I tried the Andrews value star dshes are they were about 50% cheaper but now I wouldnt use them if I got them for free.
I agree with Digidude though, If you can afford the TD110 go for it, If your in mainland UK you should pick up all birds on that.

i have 'budget' 80cm dishes, and for the main euro satellites, theyre fine, but, for the more picky signals, theyre useless, whereas an orbital 80cm dish, or a triax TD78 dish will be 'ok' on the same signals, but, bigger is always better.

in england, scotland and wales, you acn have up to a 1.1M dish AND a 60cm dish without needing planning permission

the difference is in how the dishes are made, some are spun, some are pressed. triax dishes are pressed, and i actually know a guy who used to set the machines, and to press a zone1 sky dish to the correct shape and focus, over a ton of pressure is used on the machines, bigger dishes use more weight spread over a larger area, so the entire face of the dish is created in one single process, with the focus etc all worked out by computer before any of this process even starts

more expensive dishes are made with more precise equipment, you can make a dish out of tin foil and a few bits of balsa doweling

a 1.5M fortec star dish will cost about £150, and be about as good as a 1.1M triax, a 1.5M channel master will cost about £250, and work twice as good as 'the same' dish from fortec star

with dishes, you do get what you pay for, most LNBs and motors are the same now, but dishes do differ greatly

Thanks for the help guys went for a triax 88cm only looking for the main sats and didnt fancy having a really huge dish on my house , Will keep you posted on how i get on .

Back