Dead Hard Drives and PCB boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

duck22

Inactive User
Reaction score
[Wanted] Dead Hard Drives and PCB boards

I have some old hard drives that have PCB Circuit board failure but would like them fixed for experimental purposes.

I have different branded drives that are 3.5 inch, IDE and SATA.

The hard drive details are below. Any PCB boards will be appreciated. If not then a dead hard drive that I can take the parts out would do.

IBM / Hitachi Deskstar
HDS722580VLAT20
HDS722540VLSA80

SEAGATE ST3400832A Barracuda

MAXTOR 7850AV

Western Digital WD WD400BD-75JMA0

ExcelStor J840

As you can see from the above list the drives are old and I am confident that there are readers who either have dead drives or boards that are stored away. if so and are willing to give them a second life that will be put to good use and be used for educational purposes.

please get in touch

I am based in the UK
Please PM me for more details

Thanks

Last edited:
Re: [Wanted] Dead Hard Drives and PCB boards

Do you know that they are PCB faults?

Yes I know they are circuit board faults but If I can get the same hard drive but dead or destructed with the circuit boards I can do a swap out. If not then then a working circuit board would do the job

Does any one have any PCB boards or dead hard drives stored some where or lying around and collecting dust.
Or maybe being used as a coaster LOL

An updated list of circuit boards wanted. Any help appreciated.
Dead hard drives or working ones and circuit boards

IBM / Hitachi Deskstar
HDS722580VLAT20
HDS722540VLSA80

SEAGATE ST3400832A 400Gb
SEAGATE ST3500620AS 500.0GB

MAXTOR 7850AV
Maxtor VAM51JJ0
MAXTOR 31024H1 10.2GB

ExcelStor J840

@duck22 _ can you please stop pm'ing me - I made it very clear in my first reply to you that i did not even manage to get the drive/logic board i needed to recover my drive and therefore I dont not have any spare parts or drives.

I also think it is bad form to join a forum - probably on the strength of a google search that threw up my old post about drives and then bombard the board and members with requests for drives/parts or laptop power supplies? You have not even bothered to introduce yourself - just jumped straight in with your requests??

We are a friendly bunch in here but without wishing to appear rude I think it would be wise for you to establish yourself a little before asking for stuff??

@duck22 _ can you please stop pm'ing me - I made it very clear in my first reply to you that i did not even manage to get the drive/logic board i needed to recover my drive and therefore I dont not have any spare parts or drives.

I also think it is bad form to join a forum - probably on the strength of a google search that threw up my old post about drives and then bombard the board and members with requests for drives/parts or laptop power supplies? You have not even bothered to introduce yourself - just jumped straight in with your requests??

We are a friendly bunch in here but without wishing to appear rude I think it would be wise for you to establish yourself a little before asking for stuff??

Gotta agree, I got a pm too...wonder how many others

I though PM was the best way to go rather to fill up the thread
Thanks for being nice :-(

I was only asking no need to get so worked up
chill!

You have completely missed the point i'm afraid!! Would you meet someone on your first day of a new job and ask them to lend you a tenner? No of course not!! My point is that you joined the forum - didnt take the time to introduce yourself in the correct section and dived in asking members for stuff you wanted. It's just rude - even more so when you ask via personal message and then somehow not understand the replies you are getting and keep repeating the request.

As for "chilling" - if I was a moderator here you might be taking a little "chill" yourself!!

I was just trying to give you some friendly advice - i would have preferred to do it by pm but your inbox is full - worked up is not how i would describe myself!!

I appreciate it but cannot agree with your analogy
my inbox can only take 2 pms
if u had waited id reply 2 u

I think you should drop your search on this forum too. I saw earlier today that you have posted the same on other forums as well, just Google it if interested anyone.

I wasn't too impressed with the way you approached it either, you say you want HDD parts for "educational purposes" and then start a thread asking for more HDDs "the bigger the better". I suppose they are for educational use too? Not profiting from generous forum donations or anything like that, I hope?

HDD PCB replacement can be problematic for several reasons and you didn't actually specify whether you were trying data recovery or just repairing them. Judging by the specifications of some, I'd guess data recovery but why would you have so many at the same time if it were data recovery?

Firstly calm Down
I posted on other forums as I was recommended to
I posted another as to see how much interest there would be

The drives that who ever helps me to fix inaid with parts will not be sold for profit
This is for educational purposes. I had a set of drives and have stopped working And want to get them working again to extract data from them. I know it can lead to chip swapping and do forth but willing to take the chance.

I'm not going to sell them on. I assure all
The readers

I really don't want to ruin this thread and annoy people but any help will be appreciated

Thought I would bump this thread up a little
Firstly want to say sorry and have no ill feelings within this forum community.
I appreciate every ones help and thoughts, Thanks to every one.

I thought I would mention that the list below is the list of the hard drive model numbers not the pcb board numbers.
be good to get some help from the talent we have in this forum community.
thanks

IBM / Hitachi Deskstar
HDS722580VLAT20
HDS722540VLSA80

SEAGATE ST3400832A
SEAGATE ST3500620AS

MAXTOR 7850AV
Maxtor Fireball3 VAM51JJ0 X2
MAXTOR 31024H1 (yah814y0) X2

ExcelStor J840

Thanks