Dboxes only showing FTA in Glasgow

my email is [email protected]

if i dotn reply tonight i will do at some point as getting late and need bed, i will email you back thou at some point

well...no matter what i do..
when i edit the keys,and reboot
the stoopid old keys appear in there again,
i have tried loads of different chmod, drivin me nuts !!!

I think the main problems people are having here are:

1) You have no keyfile or it is blank. This can happen if you are running gbox. You need the nagra file with the keys built in.
2) Your box has updated with what it thinks are the correct keys, but are not, and will have an incorrect digit.
3) You have uploaded the correct key, but the box has re-overwritten it with the incorrect key as you didn't make it read only.

Are you ExC&W mate? It seems no one has keys for us!

nstokes..... I've just PM'd you, but if your going bed too nevermind :)

If some telewest users want to try this keylist file then your more than welcome, but I have no idea if it will work or not!!!

http://www.savefile.com/files/1492354

Going bed now

zoom...i think i am, i in bolton i think it is ex c& w.
But it dont matter cause when i edit the keys,i get the shitty old ones back !!!

Don't give anyone write access, then the box won't be able to overwrite the file!
Owner needs read/execute
Group needs read/execute
All Users needs read/execute.

This means it will only be able to read the keys from the keylist and not change them.

same prob here in Bham, any chance of codes nstokes? couldnt find your email addy.

nice work all those who found a fix

edit found email ady now mailed you m8

Don't give anyone write access, then the box won't be able to overwrite the file!
Owner needs read/execute
Group needs read/execute
All Users needs read/execute.

This means it will only be able to read the keys from the keylist and not change them.

I tried this, it still overwrote them lol...i think my dbox gotta mind of his own !!!

sounds like there's something wrong with your FTP software then! Try using Windows Explorer, that's all I used...

Make sure you re - upload the correct key list file and set permissions before it has chance to alter the file

Got TW North Lanarkshire working using Tuxbox Commander.

1. Press blue button, select Tuxbox Commander

2. Scroll to VAR, press ok, scroll to Keys, press ok.

3. Scroll to Keylist.txt, press 4 (to edit. Only works if you have set attributes to 755)

4. You should be looking at a list of keys, I had 5

5. Scroll to the code you want to change, press OK, when you press this, it makes the text larger.

6. Scroll to the digit you need to change and press OK and change to the required digit.

7. Once changed, press home button, save changes.

8. Press home to go back to TV screen.

9. Press D-box button, select reboot.

This worked for me, I'm using Evocam. Keys are available from previous posts.

Hope it helps. I'm away to watch Shameless

Del

just a quick point i thought chmod 755 give full write etc im pretty sure chmod should be kept at 644 soo the keys dont get changed saying that im in telepest/vm area using a enigma image with still no luck and ive changed keys loads of times with sat and cable before im at a total loss ive tried all the key files and inputed manualy with no luck.

Back