Dboxes only showing FTA in Glasgow

On the image I am running - (DW Pro) the keylist.txt file is empty also when I navigate to it using TuxBox Commander, fortunately, I have my box permanently wire networked so I use ftp to alter the files at the moment.

Hi everyone newbie here,can anyone help me
I have a dbox 2 with sportster 1.76 image, I've manually tried to input new keys and and disable AU
but nothing working, could anyone pm me with a walkthrough?

cheers

the file to modify depends on what cam you are using

Evocam = keylist.txt
MgCam = softcam.key
GBox = Nagra

so first find out which EMU you are using and then modify them.

I FTP file down to my PC, use WordPad to modify the file, upload file and chmod to 755.

i have opened the nagra file in the key file and this is wot i get

so can some one tell me wot part i need to edit and with wot ?

thanks in advance

Last edited:
The last 2 keys need to be edited.

11 N: { 54 01 00 { 8e 1c f8 f0 5c ca 58 74 }} SysID: 5401, EMM for ROM Version: 07, time: Sat Dec 15 17:33:42 2007
12 N: { 54 01 01 { 0a c0 f8 30 74 32 78 18 }} SysID: 5401, EMM for ROM Version: 07, time: Tue Dec 18 10:36:50 2007

Look on the board for where to get keys, do not post them here.

The last 2 keys need to be edited.

11 N: { 54 01 00 { 8e 1c f8 f0 5c ca 58 74 }} SysID: 5401, EMM for ROM Version: 07, time: Sat Dec 15 17:33:42 2007
12 N: { 54 01 01 { 0a c0 f8 30 74 32 78 18 }} SysID: 5401, EMM for ROM Version: 07, time: Tue Dec 18 10:36:50 2007

Look on the board for where to get keys, do not post them here.

thanks for your quick reply :banana:

so there is still no perm fix for this? Anyone know if anyone can do anything about it. Pain in the arse having to update using crossover each day

All you guys posting keys, up to date or old, are going to get banned !!!!!

Delete all your posts with references to keys.

This isn't meant to come across as a "go" at anyone in particular, but...

People are working on this problem all the time -

Everyone has jobs to do as a priority, and I'm sure that the folks that are kind enough and clever enough to come up with a fix would appreciate some kind of support whilst they are doing this for our benefits.

It would certainly pi55 me off if I was doing what they are and I came on here to see people complaining at the length of time it has taken them, and the fact that people have to manually update the keys...these things take time to compile, test and re-test before being sure that they will work. The whole thing smacks of ungratefulness, and is probably the main reason that no fix has been forthcoming so far :(

So...if everyone offered to help in some small way (if they can) rather than complaining, it would be a real pick-me-up to those that are trying to sort the problem out.

Just my thoughts ;)

I know next to nothing about Linux, but I can certainly try and test any fixes for people...If anything else is needed to help them along, I would like to put myself forward if I can.

Everyone has jobs to do as a priority, and I'm sure that the folks that are kind enough and clever enough to come up with a fix would appreciate some kind of support whilst they are doing this for our benefits.

It would certainly pi55 me off if I was doing what they are and I came on here to see people complaining at the length of time it has taken them, and the fact that people have to manually update the keys...these things take time to compile, test and re-test before being sure that they will work. The whole thing smacks of ungratefulness, and is probably the main reason that no fix has been forthcoming so far :(

So...if everyone offered to help in some small way (if they can) rather than complaining, it would be a real pick-me-up to those that are trying to sort the problem out.

Just my thoughts ;)

I know next to nothing about Linux, but I can certainly try and test any fixes for people...If anything else is needed to help them along, I would like to put myself forward if I can.

totally agree, maybe this post should be locked and a sticky put in place (with basic info on the current issue & how to manually change keys etc)

Just my thoughts ;)

well said redwolf :Clap:, if people are fend up of inputting keys, ring VM sales hotline i'm sure they will sort them out,the people who can fix this problem are a god send please do not abuse them otherwise we all will be ringing VM .
Ajk

the file to modify depends on what cam you are using

Evocam = keylist.txt
MgCam = softcam.key
GBox = Nagra

so first find out which EMU you are using and then modify them.

I FTP file down to my PC, use WordPad to modify the file, upload file and chmod to 755.

Hi
does changing the keylist.txt chmod to 755, write the new keys to the keylist.txt so you dont have to add them again once you've input the right keys to start with ? if not why change it ?

thanks again Dw

Hi
does changing the keylist.txt chmod to 755, write the new keys to the keylist.txt so you dont have to add them again once you've input the right keys to start with ? if not why change it ?

thanks again Dw

as the keys changes you need to modify the file everytime, until someone rewrites to EMU to compensate for the change and the EMU does the changes automatically, until then a manual entry is required every time a new key is rolled out.

i see the reason i asked was at first it was set to 644, then changed it to 555 so thought i'd try 755 with every key changed iv'e tried a different attribute with no joy, well i dont mind added the key's its been along time and iv'e needed something to do..

thank again Dw

I know this might seem daft, but if you follow all the advice, it does work. I had a problem with keys, but after messing I realised that the second digit on bigmaq was not an 8(eight) but a B (bee). I have also found that it seems better to use wordpad as the editor for keyslist, than notepad, which does not seem to work with my sagem. Dont know why but thats what happens. Wordpad works, notepad doesnt.

Last edited:
I know this might seem daft, but if you follow all the advice, it does work. I had a problem with keys, but after messing I realised that the second digit on bigmaq was not an 8(eight) but a B (bee). I have also found that it seems better to use wordpad as the editor for keyslist, than notepad, which does not seem to work with my sagem. Dont know why but thats what happens. Wordpad works, notepad doesnt.

I use WordPad

as for the permission ,the 755 set the permission so it does not have the write enabled therefore once you have modified the file, their is no chance of the EMU modifying the file as it does not have the write permission set.

Can any one please PM me the key for Nottingham area?

Regards,

Mbgm8

I use WordPad

as for the permission ,the 755 set the permission so it does not have the write enabled therefore once you have modified the file, their is no chance of the EMU modifying the file as it does not have the write permission set.

Mate, whats the 755 permission?

Mate, whats the 755 permission?

Unix/Linux

as the DBox runs a Linux operating system, it uses the same Linux command

755 means read and execute access for everyone and also write access for the owner of the file. When you perform chmod 755 filename command you allow everyone to read and execute the file, owner is allowed to write to the file as well.

chmod is same as the attrib command in Windows/MS DOS

Thanks for all the help guys, just got it back working using the following process:

1. Edited /var/keys/camd_cfg file and changed A:{1} to A:{0}
2. Edited /var/keys/keylist.txt file and replaced keys with those from BigMAQ tool bar
3. Changed permissions on the files to 755,
4. Rebooted.

Hope this helps any one who is still having problems. Thanks again to all those in this thread who have posted help/tutorials etc.

Regards,

Mbgm8

Back