Dbox Won't Scan

DiscoDave

Inactive User
Reaction score
Everytime i try to scan it just goes back to the no channels found please do a scan window has anyone got any ideas as they would be much appreciated.

have pressed blue and done the setmylocation feature after it reboots try doing a scan.

I know you proberley tried this already m8, but have you set the my location? also is there signal strength to your dbox? maybe faulty tuner or cabling

Hi

If it doesnt scan then you will have to ftp working services for your area to the box and hopefully that will get it going.

Regards

I've done all the above peeps but i'm starting to think it's the tuner but thanks anyway for the advice.

do you have a spare box handy or cable modem? worth testing the cabling if not try the tuner mate

I'm having similar problem. Box has scanned happily in the past. Recently updated firmware and getting all FTA channels etc using my old .bouquet/services. However using the new Laky-Stylas and box will start scanning for about 2 seconds and then stop.

I've tried
- set my location & full scan,
- delete / update /keep bouquet.
-chmod -R 777 /var/tuxbox/config/zapit

no joy.

I was getting - "no channels found - press dbox->services"

Now I moved 'services.xml out the way and it said "Transponder Scan finished successfully"
after 5 seconds, but services.xml is empty.
This was on a 'Complete' scan..

More news coming soon ...

Last edited:
Hi
Got mine sorted had the same problem as above just try diffrent settings as It will work, make sure you say yes to reboot when you set location form blue button.

I'm having similar problem. Box has scanned happily in the past. Recently updated firmware and getting all FTA channels etc using my old .bouquet/services. However using the new Laky-Stylas and box will start scanning for about 2 seconds and then stop.

I've tried
- set my location & full scan,
- delete / update /keep bouquet.
-chmod -R 777 /var/tuxbox/config/zapit

no joy.

I was getting - "no channels found - press dbox->services"

Now I moved 'services.xml out the way and it said "Transponder Scan finished successfully"
after 5 seconds, but services.xml is empty.
This was on a 'Complete' scan..

More news coming soon ...

That's exact same as me matey.

That's exact same as me matey.

I think this is something to so with incorrect symbol rate. If memory serves me right.

I currently have 6887 for my location (Bromley) and I think it should be anoother number
which i'm going to search for now...

Just tried 6952 which is taking longer and I think is the correct number, but whilst trouble shooting, I had already re-set my location to a neighbouring area,
I'm waiting for it to time out (and try again...)

6887 exits after a few seconds.
6952 times out for ages.
If memory serves right I had to to a complete scan on 6952.
but when I set Complete Scan it disables the Symbol Rate box?

I've just checked my old services.xml and that has the symbol rate which is indeed 6952
It also has a few different transponder IDs. but this may be normal not sure.

Next Steps:
1) Lie about my location, and try a complete scan from a 6952 area.

ho hum ..:)

UPDATE:
OK Picking up channels now...
This firmware has two options:

1)Scan a single transponder at a time.

2)Do a complete scan using the symbol rate for your area.

The problem is if 'set my location' has the wrong symbol rate for you area, then you need to
lie about your area. So..
a) Make a note of your NET ID.
b) Set your location to one with the your real symbol rate and reboot. (You can double check your symbol rate in any backed up working services.xml)
c)Go to Service, set Complete scan and change the net id to your real area.
d) Save settings, and then scan.

With older images, it has been easy to override the symbol rate on a complete scan.

Not sure why Bromley area has a wrong sym rate listed for quite a few years now, Maybe some areas do have two symbol rates, so you just have to remember if you are in one of these problem areas.

Last edited:
I think this is something to so with incorrect symbol rate. If memory serves me right.

I currently have 6887 for my location (Bromley) and I think it should be anoother number
which i'm going to search for now...

Just tried 6952 which is taking longer and I think is the correct number, but whilst trouble shooting, I had already re-set my location to a neighbouring area,
I'm waiting for it to time out (and try again...)

6887 exits after a few seconds.
6952 times out for ages.
If memory serves right I had to to a complete scan on 6952.
but when I set Complete Scan it disables the Symbol Rate box?

I've just checked my old services.xml and that has the symbol rate which is indeed 6952
It also has a few different transponder IDs. but this may be normal not sure.

Next Steps:
1) Lie about my location, and try a complete scan from a 6952 area.

ho hum ..:)

UPDATE:
OK Picking up channels now...
This firmware has two options:

1)Scan a single transponder at a time.

2)Do a complete scan using the symbol rate for your area.

The problem is if 'set my location' has the wrong symbol rate for you area, then you need to
lie about your area. So..
a) Make a note of your NET ID.
b) Set your location to one with the your real symbol rate and reboot. (You can double check your symbol rate in any backed up working services.xml)
c)Go to Service, set Complete scan and change the net id to your real area.
d) Save settings, and then scan.

With older images, it has been easy to override the symbol rate on a complete scan.

Not sure why Bromley area has a wrong sym rate listed for quite a few years now, Maybe some areas do have two symbol rates, so you just have to remember if you are in one of these problem areas.

i had the same problem, i gave up, went back to the laky pro which is still a good stable image.

Back