Dbox won't remember flash

Zoom7000

Inactive User
Reaction score
So, my box crashed unexpectedly whilst flicking through channels. I figured ok, no problem, reboot, unplug, re-plug. Then, it just powered up, and in a split second flashes a screen that says Beta Research or something and goes in a loop and doesn't do nothing. So, I loaded up IFA, and tried putting on Commando 8.20. But, I kept getting Flashcontent Corrupt. Infact, it doesn't let me flash any other image. So, I resorted to my backup of Sportster 1.05RC024, and I get the good old Fertig! However, when I reboot the box, it goes back in the loop again...

What could be the problem?

Last edited:
Right, so, I finally got the box back up, messing about, and trying to load the original image that came with the box, Sportster 1.05RC024. It's really weird, the box seems to only like the image that the box came with (and any backups that I have created of it)

Every other image either gives me a "flashcontent corrupt" if I try to use IFA, or just keeps looping if I try to use the remote.

not to sure but you might have bad flashed the box if so you need to put the fresh firmware i think its 1.08 on your box then flash the image over the new fireware .

Right, so, I finally got the box back up, messing about, and trying to load the original image that came with the box, Sportster 1.05RC024. It's really weird, the box seems to only like the image that the box came with (and any backups that I have created of it)

Every other image either gives me a "flashcontent corrupt" if I try to use IFA, or just keeps looping if I try to use the remote.

One thing that has worked for others before is flashing it with the wrong kind of image 1x instead of 2x etc and getting kein system and then putting the right flash on.

not to sure but you might have bad flashed the box if so you need to put the fresh firmware i think its 1.08 on your box then flash the image over the new fireware .

I tried that with commando. Flashed the box with 1.05, got it all working, then used the software update in the menus, and it completes fine, when the box reboots, it just constantly loops that startup screen (the one with all the code and memory details)

One thing that has worked for others before is flashing it with the wrong kind of image 1x instead of 2x etc and getting kein system and then putting the right flash on.

I'll try that, but usually after I get the "flashcontent corrupt" message, if I try to reboot the box I get a kein system anyway...

Right, I haven't got my Null Modem Cable yet, but my box has crashed again, and this time when I boot up, I get a screen that says:

Beta Research
digital broadcasting solutions

Reset...

It's doing something weird! Gonna get that Null Modem tomorrow hopefully.

Try flashing with a differant ifa mate .The new ones in the download section ,if thats the one you are useing try the old one Hope this helps .....Paul

I was using 2.3.1 so I tried 1.5.6 from the download section. It said Flashing Done. However, on Reboot it gave me a kein system. So, I tried 2.3.1 again, but now it won't accept the Dbox's IP I had set. So, I'm buggered till I can get a Null Modem Cable.

I was using 2.3.1 so I tried 1.5.6 from the download section. It said Flashing Done. However, on Reboot it gave me a kein system. So, I tried 2.3.1 again, but now it won't accept the Dbox's IP I had set. So, I'm buggered till I can get a Null Modem Cable.

You don't need to set an IP address for the Dbox in IFA, the IP address in there is one its going to assign to the dbox when it starts up, and should very rarely need to change this

Dont need an ip tp use ifa mate keep trying with the new one .After warning you are about to flashWIth box switched off press ok and switch d box on at wall repeat this till it Flashes again Stick with it mate ..........Paul

By new one, do you mean 2.3.1? Usually I have to input the IP. Now when I try to load it up, I just get a kein system, it doesn't seem to be acknowledging IFA. I'll try it with a crossover and see...

Last edited:
Right, I've just tried to flash using a Null Modem Cable, I get the error in the screenshot from IFA. I have turned off (completely exited) all AV and Firewall.

This is the log:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Any ideas?

Back