OK, I am stumped !

Messa

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have got a problem with my lads 3G that I just cannot sort.

It just wont boot and stays on the Apple logo, if you leave it on this screen long enough it will flash and then reboot itself.

Now, trust me here, I have tried every utility and app I have got in my arsenal and scoured google with no luck.

I am not completely new to the iPhone and have jailbroken unlocked etc till the cows come home.

I have got saved blobs locally and with Cydia and I have tried downgrading with TSS running, booting out of recovery mode, DFU etc etc I have tried custom firmwares and I have tried a plain old 'upgrade' to 4.2.1 through iTunes normally.

I can flash the firmware and all goes well until the reboot stage, then its just the logo again.

Twice over the last few days I have actually managed to get to a working phone just by leaving it long enough, but even then after 20 mins or so its crashed and gone back to the logo.

As a bit of background it was working fine, it was on 3.1.3 but not jailbroken/unlocked (he prefers to buy his apps ! Weird eh?) but he had a cracked screen.

I fittted a new screen and everything worked absolutely fine but his earpiece wasn't working.

I guessed correctly that it was the internal connector no.3 and plugged it in and reassembled.

Since then I have had the trouble. On one of the occassions it did boot properly the earpiece does now work correctly.

Is there a way to completely wipe the phone (deeper than DFU/restore) and start again, the latest BETA 4.3 is no problem.

I suspect the bootrom is corrupt but would appreciate tha advice of someone who knows these things a little deeper.

Thanks.

:proud:

im in manchester mate u can let me have a look if you want , c if i can try n sort for u

im in manchester mate u can let me have a look if you want , c if i can try n sort for u

Thats really kind of you pal I appreciate it, but to be honest if its do'able I want to suss it myself.

Like most of us on here I have got that sort of mind that likes to understand stuff thats new and challenging.

:)

Like I said though, thank you.

Well, if anyone is still interested, it turned out to be a faulty LCD !

As I said I had fitted a new screen & LCD recently and so never considered it could be that, I swapped the front from my wifes 3G onto my lads and it works perfectly.

Annoyed but glad all the same.

:)

Glad your sorted there messa I would have chewed on it in frustration patience is a virtue ? oh and brains helps also :proud:

Back