David Cameron unveils sweeping welfare reforms

Whooo! Loads to have a go at in here :)

Before that, think about this, when was the last time you can remember an election, riot, protest march, strike or anything else you can think of that made one iota of difference? I'll start with my list:

i)
ii)
iii)
iv)
v)

I'm not interested in politicians - they don't run the country.

I'm not interested in anything I have no chance of changing - like the price of petrol - most petrol comes from refineries that are NOT owned by the well-known flags and most filling stations are franchises. So, boycotting your local Esso is a waste of time. You'll threaten the livelihood of a local family and the fat cats will just let them crash and burn. The only way petrol prices fall is via the natural cycle i.e. drive less and that's not easy for a lot of people.

On the mobile phone front, we all waste £5 billion a year just by being on the wrong tariff. So if you want to save some money it's simples, shop around.

As far as banks are concerned forget the investment or long-term savings bit and concentrate on breaking up the big-four monopoly. Look at the emerging areas like Metro and Virgin Money. If they do what you need, move. Retail is hurting because we are not spending enough so that's the way forward...

...let the herd attack from the front and get banged up or worse. The wise ones attack from the rear!

Very good H now, Politician's have a damn good say in all this trouble there isn't a little old lady in the corner with a writing pad with instructions?.
Keeping away from petrol stations not good at all no good for industry, transport will grind to a halt and no food will be delivered to shops so we starve and eventually die?
Mobile phones? although a great invention, why am I seeing 4 and 5 year olds with them? what is that all about?. Most mobile companies are all in it together they all drag you in on a fishing line and then you are caught in a 2 year phone contract that you cannot get out of so tread carefully on that one.
NHS hospital's being closed because of lack of funds? and going private. We/ this Country is becoming like our Foreign nations where you have to pay for everything?. If you have paid enough in national insurance over the years why pay for treatment?. Why do you have to travel for miles to a hospital because the Government can't afford to keep your local one open??.

just shoot all under 25`s and all over 50`s i say ;)
and lets start again.

Good idea Joe that should save the Government a few billion then they can give it away to our Continental friends so they can take over the Country.

Politician's have a damn good say in all this trouble there isn't a little old lady in the corner with a writing pad with instructions?.

Not little old ladies - shadowy mandarins and lobbyists. Politicians are there to leak stuff and take the flak.

Keeping away from petrol stations not good at all no good for industry, transport will grind to a halt and no food will be delivered to shops so we starve and eventually die?

As I said, a lost cause - move on.

Mobile phones? although a great invention, why am I seeing 4 and 5 year olds with them? what is that all about?. Most mobile companies are all in it together they all drag you in on a fishing line and then you are caught in a 2 year phone contract that you cannot get out of so tread carefully on that one.

Baa, baa, follow the herd. Or parents, in this case, pandering to their kids.

NHS hospital's being closed because of lack of funds? and going private. We/ this Country is becoming like our Foreign nations where you have to pay for everything?. If you have paid enough in national insurance over the years why pay for treatment?. Why do you have to travel for miles to a hospital because the Government can't afford to keep your local one open??.

Why indeed? Probably because our massively over-funded NHS wastes so much money on things unrelated to treatment, like this one NHS trust put in special measures - Yahoo! News UK and unnecessarily over-priced supplies. Much has to do with the God-like beings in charge of the trusts, like consultants and overweight bureaucracy - I know they're God-like because they told me so themselves...

...we're aiming at the wrong target, a bit like Ramon :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ending on a humorous note!

Last edited by a moderator:
Does this mean we will get a refund on our car tax and council tax then? if they cannot afford them any more or does it mean they are going to screw the general public for even more money?.

They won't have the money to chase defaulters when we put two fingers up ;)

Not little old ladies - shadowy mandarins and lobbyists. Politicians are there to leak stuff and take the flak.

As I said, a lost cause - move on.

Baa, baa, follow the herd. Or parents, in this case, pandering to their kids.

Why indeed? Probably because our massively over-funded NHS wastes so much money on things unrelated to treatment, like this one NHS trust put in special measures - Yahoo! News UK and unnecessarily over-priced supplies. Much has to do with the God-like beings in charge of the trusts, like consultants and overweight bureaucracy - I know they're God-like because they told me so themselves...

...we're aiming at the wrong target, a bit like Ramon :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ending on a humorous note!

I will tell you what wasting money is, people filling Doctors surgeries with bloody colds and because of all this time wasting genuine people with genuine illnesses have to suffer. How many of you have been to the Doctors with a medical problem and the Doctor has said just take paracetamol and it will go on its own? and a week later that person has been rushed into hospital. Any medical equipment hospitals need should be a priority without question. I would rather the Government invested billions into healthcare rather than give it away to other Countries.By all means look into the fat cats running the healthcare yes they are the problem not hospital staff and there needs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then there are the health tourists who skip, owing the NHS £200 million a year...

Then there are the health tourists who skip, owing the NHS £200 million a year...

Spot on mate I was talking to one of my Continental friends on Friday and his wife is sick. He was telling me he could not go back to Pakistan for treatment for her because it will cost a fortune. So there you have it they can piss off back there for holidays all year but at the end of the day its back to the UK for preferential treatment. Is that fair?. I have known my friend for a long time he is a good person and its not his fault. So who do you blame? can you guess? surprise, surprise we are back to the Government again.

Last edited:
not upset - also, not always truth, more sensationalist incorherant hateful bile that usually comes from the Daily Mail.

Here is some more political spending gone wrong? and they want us the general public to pay for it. Hmm

How much longer will taxpayers tolerate the government wasting money? | Mail Online

It was obvious to me from the start it would fail. Simple really, no Government IT initiative has ever been anything but a complete crock of. Massively centralised control with not so much as a nod to the most successful IT project in the World, EVER. That being the Internet which just works despite being massively DECENTRALISED.

IT project people take note!

Meanwhile, back to the thread, more jobs would fix a whole load of issues. The powers that be are complete muppets, the UK is FAR too soft - more protectionism through sneaky legislation I say. Like an import handling fee, gradually introduced. A tuition fee, paid for by employers, for bringing immigrant's English up to standard rather than public sector paying translators. Significant investment in manufacturing of common goods that we should never need to import. Thus, unskilled and semi-skilled jobs.

Then, maybe, young women with no ambition past hairdresser would not be so keen to get pregnant to get housing benefit...

...right, off on the patio for a coffee, much of which will probably end up on the floor as the local wears off :)

It was obvious to me from the start it would fail. Simple really, no Government IT initiative has ever been anything but a complete crock of. Massively centralised control with not so much as a nod to the most successful IT project in the World, EVER. That being the Internet which just works despite being massively DECENTRALISED.

IT project people take note!

Meanwhile, back to the thread, more jobs would fix a whole load of issues. The powers that be are complete muppets, the UK is FAR too soft - more protectionism through sneaky legislation I say. Like an import handling fee, gradually introduced. A tuition fee, paid for by employers, for bringing immigrant's English up to standard rather than public sector paying translators. Significant investment in manufacturing of common goods that we should never need to import. Thus, unskilled and semi-skilled jobs.

Then, maybe, young women with no ambition past hairdresser would not be so keen to get pregnant to get housing benefit...

...right, off on the patio for a coffee, much of which will probably end up on the floor as the local wears off :)

For an IT project to work on that bigger scale you need someone with a brain. Unfortunately if you put all this government brains together they still couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. Enjoy your coffee and use a straw. Pmpl

Foreign governments should guarantor the students that study here so if they overstay or vanish they can be charged for it.

Foreign governments should guarantor the students that study here so if they overstay or vanish they can be charged for it.

Wouldn't that be a kick in the testicles. Great idea Spectre good man.

Back