David Cameron unveils sweeping welfare reforms

Made Labour think. Slapped Sarkozy. Put two fingers up to the Germans.

It was LibDem that wanted benefits to be maintained in line with inflation - why? They should not suffer in some way along with the rest of us?

As for the rich, YOU have the power to change that. But it won't be done with protests and marches and stupid unions - so last century.

and your theory H? How can the rich stop getting richer and the average working man always be average. The cost of living goes up does your wages go up to compensate it? no. How many more scatter brain ideas are they going to come up with to get more money out of you? just to claw back major cock ups that the government have made.

Stopping using stupid last century ideas would be a start. The rich make money by preying on the tendency of the masses to move with the herd. It's time to stop moving the way they expect.

You spend money, millions spend money even in recession, so spend it in a different way.

If a lot of people moved away from a rich supplier at the same time it would hurt...

...but the supplier needs to be chosen carefully. Forget petrol prices, that's just too fooking obvious and wouldn't work (I'll explain for those interested). Move bank en-masse, boycott a supermarket or utility...that would hurt.

Stopping using stupid last century ideas would be a start. The rich make money by preying on the tendency of the masses to move with the herd. It's time to stop moving the way they expect.

You spend money, millions spend money even in recession, so spend it in a different way.

If a lot of people moved away from a rich supplier at the same time it would hurt...

...but the supplier needs to be chosen carefully. Forget petrol prices, that's just too fooking obvious and wouldn't work (I'll explain for those interested). Move bank en-masse, boycott a supermarket or utility...that would hurt.
But we need these things to survive explain more?

if Dave wants to save money, scrap HS2 and dont send and money to foreign countries

whats wrong with people waiting to move out till they can afford it? it's what my parents did.

I do think the blanket ban, if thats what it is, is wrong

But we need these things to survive explain more?

We are 'conditioned' to believe we 'need' those things but they compete? Aldi, Netto and Lido are growing fast. Tesco feels the pain. Spend more somewhere else and hurt someone - all legal, market forces etc. No need for marches and crap like that. Move from HSBC to somewhere else and hurt them, or Barclays...

Pick big, rich companies. Move from British Gas to Scottish Power then six months later when the prices go down, move somewhere else.

Pick a week and just turn all the lights off.

Make the fookers listen....

Forget HS2 - that creates jobs. Infrastructure projects are good even if we don't need them!

Last edited:
We are 'conditioned' to believe we 'need' those things but they compete? Aldi, Netto and Lido are growing fast. Tesco feels the pain. Spend more somewhere else and hurt someone - all legal, market forces etc. No need for marches and crap like that. Move from HSBC to somewhere else and hurt them, or Barclays...

Pick big, rich companies. Move from British Gas to Scottish Power then six months later when the prices go down, move somewhere else.

Pick a week and just turn all the lights off.

Make the fookers listen....

Forget HS2 - that creates jobs. Infrastructure projects are good even if we don't need them!

Ok my average phone bill is roughly 25 pound a month out of that my cost of phone useage is no more than 2 pound where does the rest of the money go? Standing charge? so if i didn't use my phone for a month I would still be out of pocket. Investing money in banks? the interest rates are so poor its not even worth bothering with unless you sign a contract to say you wont touch your money for years until the interest builds up. Not looking good is it?.

So you see Gentlemen we do budget to save money but the government still want what's left. Is it really worth saving money for the future when today is looking very bleak.

So you see Gentlemen we do budget to save money but the government still want what's left. Is it really worth saving money for the future when today is looking very bleak.

and thats all Cameron's fault?

and thats all Cameron's fault?

Of course it is ManofScience who else is taking all your money? its all profit for the fat cats. What Cameron is doing is trying to do everything to quick. You cannot put the world right in 12 months you gradually do it over years so you don't feel the pinch to much. He will never be popular the route he is going. If there was a general election tomorrow he would be well gone.

Ok my average phone bill is roughly 25 pound a month out of that my cost of phone useage is no more than 2 pound where does the rest of the money go? Standing charge? so if i didn't use my phone for a month I would still be out of pocket.

Get rid of normal phone service and use Voip through your broadband connection instead:)

Sent from my x10 using Tapatalk 2

I just don't see how the current recession is all his fault, looking at the state of other countries also being affected by the world economy.

i don't have the answers on how to fix it - do you? we're a small country with a inflated ideas of our weight in the grand scheme of things - i'm suprised we've lasted this long, spending our way out of trouble and basically living a life we can't afford - thats the whole country, not individuals.

Bashing the tories is the usual answer forgetting the previous 12 years of boom and mismanagement from labour. Personally, i think the cuts are harsh in places but steps need to be taken. There's no way to avoid the pinch, it can't be spread over years - people need to wise up.

I agree MoS...

I just don't see how the current recession is all his fault, looking at the state of other countries also being affected by the world economy.

It's not Cameron's fault and to be fair he seems to be keeping us away from the EU which is priority.

i don't have the answers on how to fix it - do you? we're a small country with a inflated ideas of our weight in the grand scheme of things - i'm suprised we've lasted this long, spending our way out of trouble and basically living a life we can't afford - thats the whole country, not individuals.

We are a small country and we shouldn't be poking our noses into certain things (Blair... Hague, Syria) that have huge humanitarian and financial implications. Out of the G8 we give more of our GDP as foreign aid, we are borrowing to give money out and it's going up. We pledged more foreign aid to 0.7% GDP which I understand will be over £10bn a year now (Britain's foreign aid budget: money well spent? - Channel 4 News).

We should have wound our collective neck in long ago and sat here without EU interference building trade with other countries and manufacturing.

Bashing the tories is the usual answer forgetting the previous 12 years of boom and mismanagement from labour. Personally, i think the cuts are harsh in places but steps need to be taken. There's no way to avoid the pinch, it can't be spread over years - people need to wise up

Labour should be punished for their failings and their immigration policy circa 1997. Labour hasn't done anything for the common man for ages so don't get into the "I vote for them because my dad and grandad did" or "I can't vote Tory because I don't like what Thatcher did" trap :).

Ok lets put it another way If the Government gave you billions of pounds how would you spend it?.Would you look after your own interests? or would you give it all away to other Countries to help them out?. Truthfully now what would you do?. This Government and past Governments have all had there own ideas of investment and its gone very much pear shaped to say the least. Labour were/are guilty of immigration but what about the Tories?. Where is Cameron in a crisis?. Helping/ giving our money away to other countries thus putting us into more debt. Just exactly whose side is he on? he is certainly not helping us in any way with his Mickey Mouse approach to Politics.The price of oil went down months ago have we benefited from it much? no what do they do? they want to slap another 3 pence per litre on just for the sake of it.

Whooo! Loads to have a go at in here :)

Before that, think about this, when was the last time you can remember an election, riot, protest march, strike or anything else you can think of that made one iota of difference? I'll start with my list:

i)
ii)
iii)
iv)
v)

I'm not interested in politicians - they don't run the country.

I'm not interested in anything I have no chance of changing - like the price of petrol - most petrol comes from refineries that are NOT owned by the well-known flags and most filling stations are franchises. So, boycotting your local Esso is a waste of time. You'll threaten the livelihood of a local family and the fat cats will just let them crash and burn. The only way petrol prices fall is via the natural cycle i.e. drive less and that's not easy for a lot of people.

On the mobile phone front, we all waste £5 billion a year just by being on the wrong tariff. So if you want to save some money it's simples, shop around.

As far as banks are concerned forget the investment or long-term savings bit and concentrate on breaking up the big-four monopoly. Look at the emerging areas like Metro and Virgin Money. If they do what you need, move. Retail is hurting because we are not spending enough so that's the way forward...

...let the herd attack from the front and get banged up or worse. The wise ones attack from the rear!

Back