Current best dual tuner box

So the et10000, anybody have any views on it? Is there a site that lists all current boxes with their specs, I want to make sure that whatever box I get has the same spec or higher than the Solo2 I currently have.

Its worth adding that the Xtrend receivers seem to have a better sd picture quality than Vu+ receivers.

Its worth adding that the Xtrend receivers seem to have a better sd picture quality than Vu+ receivers.
Can you please explain how you come to this conclusion? I have heard how good Xtrend receivers are on the PLi forum but I yet personally tried one myself. I have always found DM and VU+ receivers to be very good for SD pic quality. Is it drivers that determine quality as they all run Broadcom chipset drivers.

So the et10000, anybody have any views on it? Is there a site that lists all current boxes with their specs, I want to make sure that whatever box I get has the same spec or higher than the Solo2 I currently have.
Just checked and it's both the same as and better (in some areas) as the Solo2. It's probably better to say the et1000 compares better to Duo2 than Solo2.

I would like to add that i'm not sure if this box supports xbmc because I believe drivers have to support it. The exception being via Kodi.

Can you please explain how you come to this conclusion? I have heard how good Xtrend receivers are on the PLi forum but I yet personally tried one myself. I have always found DM and VU+ receivers to be very good for SD pic quality. Is it drivers that determine quality as they all run Broadcom chipset drivers.

I've read it in a few places and spoken to a few guys who have alot of receivers and they claim that the drivers for the Xtrend receivers give a better picture.
I havent any experience myself of the Xtrends though.

DM and Vu+ receivers are really not that good for SD pic quality ,no MIPS based receiver is to be honest due to the chipset architecture.
An SH4 based receiver has the best SD picture of the linux based receivers ,its far crisper and more detailed especially on a larger set.

Sorry to revive my old thread but I think I'm going to bite the bullet and order an ET10000 with 2 DVB-S2 tuners and 2 DVB-C/T2 tuners.

I've already PM'ed casuk but does anybody have any experience of this box, both good and bad before I hand over my credit card details :)

EDIT: Crap, just realised I've PM'ed the wrong person, call it old age :)

Back