CS Setup newbie question

woodchin

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I used to have the old virmin box but decided to have a go at this CS setup. I have read the setup guide and took a few aspros....

Can anyone tell me how many clients a DM500s or the HD equivalent server can host.

Thanks.
Woody

i'v been told 10 upto 50 with the dm500 mate i had 10 just to test and it was perfect

Sounds good to me. I just installed Nabilosat Darkstar as suggested in the tut but after installing cccam I press the blue button to set it as default but nothing happens, am I doing something wrong or is there a better image.

i would recommend pli maxvar image mate if your using it as a server, its a stripped down version of the full image, but runs well and very stable!

Thanks
I have installed pli-jade-3 as it was the nearest match to my 500s.
Is there a guide for the rest of the setup using this pli image? Don't want to keep bothering everyone with noob questions.
I have tested it with the card, I can get all the fta but nothing else yet.

nope,
it covers everything mate,
download pli jade 3 from the download section.
best image for dm500s imo.

OK, I have updated the menus and reinstalled cccam 212. Tested the box and it shows fta and basic encrypted channels.
Converted my boxkey and entered it in cccam.cfg.
Now I am trying do setup C & Flines, from what I have read thet should look like this-

In my config
F: username password 3 0 0 { 0:0:3 } (I assume the username and password is for the clients account)
C: server port username password (I assume the details inc user & password are the same as my DNS account)

In clients config
F: server port username password (I assume details are the same as my cline)
C: server port username password no 3 0 0 { 0:0:3} (I assume username & password are for the clients account)

The question is, do I use the username and password I set up with Dyndns or do I use a new user & Pass for each client.
And most of all is this configuration correct and have I missed anything.

Any help much appreciated.

Last edited:
hi

each sea lion you send out will have your dyndns as this replaces the dm 500
ip address with the card in

hope this may help

Hi Bob,

Funnily enough it did help. I forgot to update the boxes ip in port forwarding when I changed it.

Cheers

Back